FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

ELECTRIC MIRRORS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zsweetie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zsweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ELECTRIC MIRRORS
    Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Hi 
I am a proud new owner of a 2014 Captur 1.5 Dynamique Medianav. it has not got electric mirrors and was wondering if any one knew if the wiring is installed and if it is just a case of getting some electric mirrors and changing them?
thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

alans27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
Hi ,I have the same car and have been wandering about this also,you would also need to change the control switch on the door as it does not have a position for folding the mirrors,only for adjustment .
Sorry can't help with the wiring,but I would presume the wiring loom has it built in to accomodate folding mirrors
Zsweetie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zsweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I thought the same. but not sure and I don't want to buy the mirrors if the wires aren't there.
If you have the same car can you tell me if it has tyre pressure monitoring?

alans27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 8:51am
Hi,yes mine has TPW (tyre pressure warning) fitted ,I believe all newish ? cars cars need to have this fitted to comply with EU regulations .

Latest News - European legislation on TPMS imminent
http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/news/view/35/European-legislation-on-TPMS-imminent

Regarding wiring for the mirrors...a wiring diagram would tell you you if the wiring harness includes the necessary wiring for folding mirrors,but I dont know where this could be obtained from,as I said previously ,I would think it is very likely the additional wiring is there as manufacturers often make a standard wiring harness but only use those connections when required.

Edited by alans27 - 24 Aug 2017 at 9:01am
Zsweetie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zsweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:14am
Hi Alan
Thanks for the reply. Yes my husband said the same as you. The wiring loop should be there. And thanks for the info on the tyres. I downloaded a pdf on the renault website on the tyre pressure function and it said there should be a sticker on the door indicating which type is fitted. I checked and only have the tyre pressure stickers and one for the dpf. Anyway it's not an issue I was just wondering. I regularly check my tyres etc so shouldn't be a problem . Thanks again.
alans27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:38am
Hi,try scrolling through the readouts on the instrument display using the 2 small buttons on the end of the righthand steering column stalk,it will eventually give you a message about reading tyre pressures
Hope this helps a bit
Zsweetie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zsweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:47am
Hi again,
I will have a look on my lunch break if i can.
Will let you know.Smile

alans27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alans27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:55am
Hi Zsweetie

Something to keep in mind should you need new tyres,the monitoring system works in conjuction with the valves fitted on the tyres,so make sure these are replaced or transferred to new tyres or you will need to buy new ones 😀😀
Zsweetie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zsweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:06am
Hi
oh right OK, wasn't aware of that.
Johnny R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:36pm
The tyre pressure monitoring device is fitted in the valve which is fitted to the wheel not the tyre , so if you have the tyres replaced it should not affect the system . Some owners have previously reported after tyre replacements the system is reset during the next road trip .
       Years ago it was policy to replace the valves when you changed the tyre , don't know if this is still the policy due to the monitoring systems fitted .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic