New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From April 2018, second year car tax rules kick in
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

From April 2018, second year car tax rules kick in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dick riculous View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick riculous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From April 2018, second year car tax rules kick in
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:13pm

From April 2018, second year car tax rules kick in "FOR SOME".

More info can be found here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-5385287/New-car-tax-bands-bite-April-2017-vehicles.html

Sponsored Links

IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:25pm
I've just renewed the tax/VED on my Fiesta,due on 1 March (car dates from 2016).... i just love having to pay £0 for the 12 month rate, no option to go for 6 months at a time.  The Captur is £20..... where's the incentive to change cars when it would cost at least £140 pa to buy new?  Th PCP on the Fiesta comes up in April and I fully intend to buy it outright rather than swap and get myself into a new PCP deal
Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:44pm
These new ved rates will p*ss a lot of people off and I should imagine them hanging on to the vehicles with little or no tax for longer. It will reflect in new vehicle sales figures. My 65 plate dci90 is zero ved, so providing it doesn't give me too much grief I won't be changing it anytime soon
Smoke1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:02pm
I really don't understand why people get so hung up about 100, 150 quid extra a year for car tax when you look at all the other costs involved. In saying that I made sure my 2017 car was registered in March
Dynamique S Nav TCe120 Manual Arizona with Diamond Black Roof

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:04am
With the state of the roads they should be paying us a rebate. I know it's called vehicle excise duty but it used to be called road fund licence to pay for road upkeep. As usual they couldn't keep their hands off it and now use it for God knows what. If they used ved for the roads they would be the best on the planet and would still be enough left to gold plate the kerbs
Guzzilazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzilazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Smoke1958 Smoke1958 wrote:

I really don't understand why people get so hung up about 100, 150 quid extra a year for car tax when you look at all the other costs involved. In saying that I made sure my 2017 car was registered in March

+1   My Captur was June 2017 so I get hit for the £140. It's a drop in the ocean compared to all other running costs
Larry

2017 0.9 TCe Captur Dynamique S Nav

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:59pm
From what you say then it's ok to pay this increase which for some groups of cars is massive, and still put up with our terrible roads?

Edited by grumpy crdi - 14 Feb 2018 at 4:00pm
STEVEA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEVEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:30pm
It's 3 quid a week, if you're stuck for that I feel sorry for you.
Astra diesel auto
Guzzilazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzilazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by grumpy crdi grumpy crdi wrote:

From what you say then it's ok to pay this increase which for some groups of cars is massive, and still put up with our terrible roads?

Hypothecation of taxes has never applied in this country
Larry

2017 0.9 TCe Captur Dynamique S Nav
Smoke1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Guzzilazz Guzzilazz wrote:

Hypothecation of taxes has never applied in this country

I had to look that up
Dynamique S Nav TCe120 Manual Arizona with Diamond Black Roof
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic