FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Hi, new owner checking in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
humphuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humphuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, new owner checking in
    Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm
Hi all - get mine in a week (66 plate, grey 90 dci S Nav). 

Why did I get it? I like the looks, relatively inexpensive, cheap to run (I hope) 

My question: What modification have you done that I should consider?

On my initial list are car mats & neat phone holder.  Then to consider a central arm rest. 

After that I have been reading about:
Mena software for the Nav system (possibly a rear cam [for fun], 3/4G connection [if the apps can take advantage]). 
Underseat sub woofers [if the sound system isnt up to too much and the addition is reasonably subtle - but I am not a corsa driver]
Engine chip [intrigued, but a bit reluctant...and maybe something to play with after the warranty is up]
Sponsored Links

monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:26pm
Hi and welcome. I haven't changed anything on my 66 plate and quite happy must be an age thing, although I do look at accessories like sill covers, wind deflectors, roof bars but never took the plunge. All my other cars I've tweaked including the plug and play engine chip, upgrade speakers, tinted headlamp lenses. It seems the armrest you fancy has mixed reviews on here, search and have read before you buy. And hope that you enjoy the new car!
humphuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humphuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:51pm
Thanks monkey

I am not jumping at the mods....just new owner excitement. 

I will have a good read before doing anything. Thanks for the heads up on the armrest

skronk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skronk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:51pm
As my dad used to say.....

Its a tin can with wheels. You spent plenty on it, why spend more ?

Keep your cash in your pocket.
66 plate Captur Media Nav 0.9 Tce..Grey with black roof
Johnny R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:06pm
Recommend fitting front and rear mudflaps , the plastic ones on eBay about £20 are the best and use one of the original screws to secure . The shape of the doors get all the muck up the side . They improve it and reduce the spray considerably .
BoldonKen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoldonKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Johnny R Johnny R wrote:

Recommend fitting front and rear mudflaps , the plastic ones on eBay about £20 are the best and use one of the original screws to secure . The shape of the doors get all the muck up the side . They improve it and reduce the spray considerably .

Agree, mudflaps worth while, I bought from Aliexpress (£16, free delivery). They sound same or similar to above.
2016 Captur Signature Nav Dci 90 Flame Red/Diamond Black
Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:40pm
Fit a reversing camera.
Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:09pm
Mudflaps from automotive enhancements for 20 quid
very good and pre- drilled
Caterpillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caterpillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:11am
Not sure about mobile phone holders these days, you're not allowed to touch your phone anymore so probably no point in having a holder?
humphuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humphuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:25pm
OK Google
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic