FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Medianav and updating maps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yarrakid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yarrakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medianav and updating maps
    Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:27pm
Hi,

I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me in figuring out what is wrong with medianav, I've decided that I needed to update my maps as well as the postcards des and petrol stations. I paid for the map and the others for free and downloaded as per instructions. I plugged the USB into the slot and it found the update and processed the updates with I can only assume the mapping software. To be certain I'm not sure it got to that point as it showed about 3/4 the way through on the update screen. This was then left to continue to update with engine running but this seem to be taking for ever to load and complete. After at 4 hours having to do quite bit of driving thankfully nothing had moved. It turns out that it had in fact frozen even taking the USB stick out, which I know you shouldn't do but that in itself confirmed the frozen state it had gotten into. Does anyone therefore know of this problem and how to fix it to run correctly or simply forget it as it's a know problem?. I phoned Renault support which was directed off shore and lo and behold I got nothing out of them apart you must take it a approved dealership where they'll wind up charging g me the earth for a fix or reset. Fortunately I had a mechanic friend you took the battery lead off and that seemed to reset it having to put the radio codes back into it. Is it me or is it Renault that seem not to really give a damn in helping customers out ?. So anyone out there can help with this or pointers I would be very grateful.

Regards
Simon
Sponsored Links

IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 9:13pm
A bit unfortunate that your system froze during the update.... Renault UK customer services seem pretty good about sorting issues like this out and there is also a dedicated e-mail helpdesk for MediaNav queries/problems (at least, there used to be about  3 years ago and I have no reason to suspect that things have changed)
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
Yarrakid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yarrakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:27am
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it would seem I've must have picked the wrong person because she was no help what so ever everything she suggest was to go through a dealership nothing was suggested otherwise even I suggested a few things to see if it would loosen anything but no. Sounded like she wanted rid of the call properly mucking up her targets or something like that. You happen to have the email address by chance ?.
monkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:07am
I had an issue where the car was past its 90 day free map upgrade as I bought it at 6 months old.Using this contact sorted everything and I found it excellent customer service hope you find the same:.                  
medianav.helplineuk@renault.com
Kootzee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:54pm
Could be an issue with your USB stick.
Did you completely format the USB stick before using?

Had similar issue and eventually used HP Usbdisk software tool to totally wipe memory stick.
Yarrakid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yarrakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:24am
Hi

Yes I have reformatted the stick and redone the whole thing again but no avail I even bought a brand new one 32gb just in case that one was faulty but again no joy. It seems to get through quite a bit but the last two bars on the update screen and there it hangs up and will not budge even if I leave for the day to get in with it. So does anyone have a clue why it will not go further ?. Tried support again in the off chance but yet again much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I wonder if I use an unlicensed version of the medianav as a choice ?.

Regards
Simon
graham49d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham49d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:28am
Have you reformatted the stick to fat32. Even if stick says it is fat32 reformat it in your PC before you do anything

Oops sorry !! Missed your first line

I found nav help desk very good at giving good advice

Edited by graham49d - 13 Sep 2017 at 10:31am
Graham49d
Sachadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sachadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:27pm
Did you put the formatted but empty usb in car first, then put it in pc for download. It needs to be done that way round to prepare it for correct downloads.

I got good help here when mine wouldnt finalise the update

Rui Diniz
Customer Service Representative 
Renault Connected Services
Tel: +44 344 369 0000 
9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Mon to Fri
https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr

Edited by Sachadog - 13 Sep 2017 at 10:34pm
Well it's not broken yet 🤞
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic