FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

MediaNav + USB Memory, Audio formats supported?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MikeKL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MediaNav + USB Memory, Audio formats supported?
    Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 7:25pm
Under Faults and problems, thought it may be useful to create a topic thread which clearly captures what audio formats are currently supported by the MediaNav (Windows CE 6.0?) when plugging a usb memory stick directly into device. (Note: NOT R-Link product which allegedly already supports additional audio formats)

Although I currently connect my ipod via USB cable to get best overall control of audio files via the MedaiNav system, I do recognise the benefits in a slicker install with a small USB memory stick.

Therefore I commenced a basic test to gain a better understanding of what files types are supported and level of control and presentation of files we include on usb memory stick.

With MediaNav Software version 4.0.2 the following are known to be supported from my initial very limited testing.

• Audio formats:-
    • Lossy compression: mp3 and wma
    • Lossless compression: wma lossless
  • Playlists:
    • m3u
  • AlbumArt:
    • jpeg (but only when correctly embedded within mp3 files?)
I imagine my list of supported file types above maybe incomplete or incorrect, please post additional information that you have which is relevant when specifically using a usb memory stick connected to MediaNav.

It would be great if Renault could provide improvements to audio playback support via a future software update to MediaNav unit, where they also consider including improved usb memory search features....

Edited by MikeKL - 01 Feb 2014 at 10:44pm
Zen Energy dCi 90 S&S eco2 (MediaNav, Ivory/Black, Rear tints, 17" black alloys & Chrome pack)
Sponsored Links

Tyrfelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrfelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 5:07pm
I'm happy to use mp3 files which are as good as my cds which were previously played on Megane Arkamys system - after all you are out on the road not in a recording studio! Sorry! Also I have my files in albums in folders which can be played on their own or mixed with the others on the drive if that's what you want!

Edited by Tyrfelin - 29 Jan 2014 at 5:10pm
Tyrfelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrfelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 5:11pm
How can you search when driving????
tonysawford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonysawford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 5:53pm
I'd also be interested to know what's supported by R-Link, specifically is there a maximum bit rate for MP3 files?

Tony
MikeKL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeKL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Tyrfelin Tyrfelin wrote:

How can you search when driving????
If you have partner or friends in your car you get them to do the search Wink
Zen Energy dCi 90 S&S eco2 (MediaNav, Ivory/Black, Rear tints, 17" black alloys & Chrome pack)
MikeKL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 5:47pm
Quick comparison of Ipod vs usb memory stick list options of music on device. (Note: MediaNav)

Ipod player view and available list structure/options :-

USB view and available list structure/options :-

Base on a very simple folder structure of playlists at the root of memory stick then a few folders for each artist.  (note how everything is in alphabetical order, I had hoped playlists would be grouped separately from artist/album)

I am interested how others have their music organised on a usb stick to have well organised structure when in MediaNav list view?

Edited by MikeKL - 30 Jan 2014 at 6:47pm
Tyrfelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrfelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 6:09pm
I like mine organised the same on each gadget in the same way - suits me this way as my phone S3 is set up the same!
MikeKL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Tyrfelin Tyrfelin wrote:

I like mine organised the same on each gadget in the same way - suits me this way as my phone S3 is set up the same!
Please elaborate on folder/file format on your usb memory and how its subsequently presented on the MediaNav?  I am genuinely interested, please confirm you have a MediaNav and Not R-Link because as we know they have very different OS installed etc

Edited by MikeKL - 30 Jan 2014 at 6:28pm
MikeKL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by tonysawford tonysawford wrote:

I'd also be interested to know what's supported by R-Link, specifically is there a maximum bit rate for MP3 files?
Tony, Imagine any sized bitrate of mp3 will work, I typically use 320Kb CBR when converting my CD's to mp3's

I imagine on R-Link because its got more audio format support you can have different types of lossless formats as well if you wish here is another thread from bjs53 explaining R-Link Audio/Video format support. http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/rlink-technical-data-sheet_topic326.html
(Note not sure about latest accuracy of information, hopefully someone will confirm)

Edited by MikeKL - 30 Jan 2014 at 6:36pm
tonysawford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonysawford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 6:43pm
Thanks very much, Mike - I hadn't spotted that post before. I too rip CDs at 320 CBR, so it looks like there'll be no problem with that.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic