FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

More Captur Problems....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GranadaDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranadaDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Captur Problems....
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm
Well more issues, albeit niggling....

Took our Captur for its 2nd MOT yesterday and with only 27k on the clock didn't really expect it fail...

Anyhow it failed on outer CV joint boot clip which had broken which then detaches the boot from the hub and lathering the suspension components, brake caliper and inside of the wheel with CV grease....

MoT place said this should not happen on a low mileage car just over 3 years old and we should take to Renault as a warranty issue. Dont know how long it had been like that but we had no idea there was a problem!

Added to this we have the clutch judder issue and now the heater/climate control seems to have an issue as on heat (i.e. 23c) it will blow warm/hot air for a while then will blow cool air! Turn off the climate control turn back on and blows warm/hot again!

Has anyone else had thess issues??

Dan

Edited by GranadaDan - 12 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm
Sponsored Links

K21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 11:21am
I purchased my Captur from new in April 2016. Not long after I picked the new car up I heard a clunck/knock coming from the front of the car. This mainly happens when turning at a slow speed. So far I have returned the car to the dealers on three or four occasions and it is booked to go in again tomorrow.

Having accepted that there is a problem and that it should be covered under the life-time warranty, now Renault main office are not accepting that it is covered.
It is so frustrating, it's just what I want. I have just completed a course of Cancer treatment but the company don't seem to care. Very poor service indeed. I have recently noticed that when taking away from a stationary position there seems to be a developed a shudder.

I also want to mention that when I purchased the Captur the SatNav was three years out of date. The software was not updated until it's first annual service in 2016. I am really frustrated and I don't know where to turn next.
Guzzilazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzilazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by K21 K21 wrote:

I purchased my Captur from new in April 2016. Not long after I picked the new car up I heard a clunck/knock coming from the front of the car. This mainly happens when turning at a slow speed. So far I have returned the car to the dealers on three or four occasions and it is booked to go in again tomorrow.

Having accepted that there is a problem and that it should be covered under the life-time warranty, now Renault main office are not accepting that it is covered.
It is so frustrating, it's just what I want. I have just completed a course of Cancer treatment but the company don't seem to care. Very poor service indeed. I have recently noticed that when taking away from a stationary position there seems to be a developed a shudder.

I also want to mention that when I purchased the Captur the SatNav was three years out of date. The software was not updated until it's first annual service in 2016. I am really frustrated and I don't know where to turn next.

On the SatNav point, that doesn't need to be done in the garage, you can do it yourself. Picked up mine (used 17) and did the MediaNavEvolution update. Software updated from v 7.05 to v 8.05 and maps were latest version

Larry

2017 0.9 TCe Captur Dynamique S Nav
Vbl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vbl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by K21 K21 wrote:

Having had a problem with water in the boot at the end of 4 year warranty and customer service not helping. I wrote to CEO of Renault UK. Problem resolved in no time at all. If no help forthcoming from customer service staff you need to go up the ladder.
There is also automotive ombudsman as the next step if CEO does not help
GranadaDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranadaDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:34pm
Update re CV boot clip. Although apparently not covered by warranty, Bristol Street regreased the CV joint and fitted a new clip as a gesture goodwill!

They did inform me that they have had issues before with CV boot clips - anyhow at least this problem is successfully resolved!

Dan
scottie caz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottie  caz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:55am
I had the same problem with the Megane I had 3 new boots fitted within 3 years and 3 new cv joints because the clip kept falling off. Renault told me that they have new style clips for the boots but I think this is a problem with Renault. My brother also purchased a Megane and he is still having same problem. They did first under warranty but that was all. Good luck trying to get them replaced under warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic