FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Sachadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sachadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
Just quote the right consumer law followed by solicitors name usually gets their attention
Well it's not broken yet 🤞
Sponsored Links

starman850 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starman850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:53pm
OK so took our Captur to the local dealer this morning, (where it was booked in), to have the radio problem investigated. The technician confirmed there was a fault! Unfortunately the main diagnostic technician was not working today. So we have to make another trip next Friday for them to run it through diagnostics. Basically we've had to make a 20 mile round trip to be told something that we already suspected. Why book us in when their chief technician was not working?? Another 20 mile round trip next Friday and have to leave vehicle all day. Not Happy!!!!
IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:08pm
Complain to Renault UK Customer Services and request compensation for wasted trips etc and demand proper resolution or your money back
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
HiFi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiFi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:21am
I now this is a small thing about the radio ,but it is starting to get to me, With Renaut such an big firm why can thy not send a fix out ,when it as been reported on four new make over models? .
bol d'or View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bol d'or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
As others have suggested, skip the dealer and go straight to Renault CS.
Always worked for me.
Dealers seem all too willing to try and reject warranty claims, I would guess because any labour they have to do is billed back to Renault at a far cheaper rate than Joe Public gets charged.
So they'd rather they avoided low income warranty work and have their staff on high income public work.
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:58pm
Totally agree there Bol about the rates for jobs. Dealer told me as much. That's why they argued with Renault CS over my edc prob. I don't know if Result paid them a better rate or just threatened them. Either way it wasn't a pleasant experience getting them to honour the warranty
HiFi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiFi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:03pm
Well I was onto Renault custmer sevice who gave me a Renault tech number, thinking I was getting some wear, was told to go to my garage with this number and the tech name for them to phone him which I did head man  phone up reply was can not do any thing until the fix comes from France ,have you ever heard any thing so rediculas as this.So we all have to wait for France to send a fix.I wounder if we said will have to wait for payment until we have a fix.?
bol d'or View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bol d'or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:07pm
I tell you what I'd do.
Rub the black coating off the stereo buttons.
Then claim for a whole new stereo, like I got.

starman850 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starman850 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:29am
Originally posted by HiFi25 HiFi25 wrote:

Well I was onto Renault custmer sevice who gave me a Renault tech number, thinking I was getting some wear, was told to go to my garage with this number and the tech name for them to phone him which I did head man  phone up reply was can not do any thing until the fix comes from France ,have you ever heard any thing so rediculas as this.So we all have to wait for France to send a fix.I wounder if we said will have to wait for payment until we have a fix.?

Can you please give me the Renault tech number and the name of the technician you was told to speak to?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic