FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

REGISTER YOUR CLUTCH JUDDER HERE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
peterposh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterposh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:00am
that's right, it's done 8k now , my last one started at about 12k if I remember correctly. This new one is also a lease car, I will keep you informed
Sponsored Links

evesetal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evesetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 9:16pm
1.5 Dci 90 First noticed from new -  52,000 miles.-Clutch replaced. Also stuck in gear.
JHM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Renault Captur Model, 2015, dCi 90, 1.5, EDC Automatic 6 speeds,  Judder/Vibration issue.
The car is less than 2 Years old and shows this effect since day one.
I experience judder/vibration, occurring during gear shifts, especially between 1st. and 2nd. gear.
This happens every now and then, without any particular reason. Mostly I experience this after a short stop is done after a long or even short distance drive.
Does anyone have a similar experience?  I am an experienced driver seeking for an explanation for this issue.
Perhaps the DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL adjustments, wear or design failure is the reason here?
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:11pm
This is what happened to my car. Sometimes it can be cured by a software fix but mine could not. The dealer refused to fix it even though, like you, my car did it from new. I had a real struggle until I got Renault UK involved and they coerced the dealer into replacing the two clutches. I sent the car back to the dealer 5 times and made many, many calls to Renault. They will wriggle and squirm their way out of honouring the warranty unless you are prepared to be a bloody nuisance. I was told the parts alone cost £1700
JHM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:45pm
Perhaps the CapturOwnersClub in UK, can follow up on this issue to investigate this issue in more depth? The Car is performing all what you can expect, but this Judder/Vibrations are so annoying which ruin the joy of driving it. Hopefully can CapturOwnersClub dig into this issue and give us an advice here.

Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:46pm
The Dual Mass Flywheel is supposed to make gear change and set off's smother than the conventional clutch. But this does not seem to be the case with Renault.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Now that my car has been fixed it is perfectly smooth. Also my brother in law's dci90 auto has done 50,000 miles completely trouble free
JHM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:38am
I would like to place a couple of questions to you "grumpy crdi"
What was done to fix the Judder/Vibration problems?
1. Electrical / timing adjustments of the Gearbox/Clutch or
2. Mechanical parts exchanged?
Who carried the costs of fixing it?
Thanks kindly in advance for your reply.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:48pm
The first few times it went back to the dealers, they used a software update that alters the speed at which the auto box changes from first to second gear. (This must have been Renault's attempt to fix it on the cheap). Subsequent trip back to dealer when I told them the software alteration did not work was met by a lack of further interest and irritation on their part. Even though they acknowledged the judder was present they were not interested in honouring the warranty. That is when I contacted Renault UK who acted on my behalf to get it fixed under warranty. The gearbox was stripped down and the two DMF's were reportedly replaced. The car has been perfect ever since.
When I went to collect the car, the atmosphere in the dealer's was "glacial"
JHM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:34pm
Thanks for your reply.
The Renault dealer here has tried already two times to fix this issue, by performing some "Electronic Time related Gearbox adjustments", without resolving the problem.
My car is still in warranty so it should be fixed by them at their costs.
I will apply for a Garage-Appointment soon.
Again thanks for your efforts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic