FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Reverse camera through on Medianav

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:01pm
Cheers.

Have drilled the hole, got the cable through into the tailgate space and remounted the number plate ok.

Not sure how I'm going to get the wires up to the top of the lid (or down from the top)... I'm guessing possibly a unravelled coat hanger with the cable taped on, might suffice, as once at the side of the glass there appears no access.

Is there an easy way to feed the cable through the cable rubber boot on left (by untaping the wires possibly) as it seems sealed??

Then its hunt the reverse light feed lol. Just taking my time with this one so as not to cock it up!
Sponsored Links

stro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by BlueMeany BlueMeany wrote:

Cheers.

Have drilled the hole, got the cable through into the tailgate space and remounted the number plate ok.

Not sure how I'm going to get the wires up to the top of the lid (or down from the top)... I'm guessing possibly a unravelled coat hanger with the cable taped on, might suffice, as once at the side of the glass there appears no access.

Is there an easy way to feed the cable through the cable rubber boot on left (by untaping the wires possibly) as it seems sealed??

Then its hunt the reverse light feed lol. Just taking my time with this one so as not to cock it up!
I pulled off both ends of the tailgate rubber boot and fed only the connector through ..this was in my case a 6mm like a mini din and when pushed through could be connected to the RCA/phono. I used  a coat hanger with a rounded end  so  not to damage the boot
Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:46pm
I used a camera attached to a number plate surround, I had to drill a larger hole to get the sealed camera connections through . But this was behind the plate surround so grommet fitted and not seen...............best of luck with the cabling through the tailgate rubber grommets it's a pai n in the butt πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΊπŸ˜‘
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:56pm

Have the cable through to where it needs to be now. For future people, a bicycle inner brake cable works wonders (have you tried to find metal coathangers nowadays?!)

Just need help now with the reverse wire, and an earth. I'm guessing that I'll need to look at the wiring in the left of the picture, which also appears to include the boot light. I can't for the life of me remove this trim to get better access (I've removed the four visible torx screws but appear s to be part of the rear seat moulding too?)

Any help on this last hurdle?
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Houstahousey Houstahousey wrote:

I used a camera attached to a number plate surround, I had to drill a larger hole to get the sealed camera connections through . But this was behind the plate surround so grommet fitted and not seen...............best of luck with the cabling through the tailgate rubber grommets it's a pai n in the butt πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΊπŸ˜‘

Sounds like you have same setup as me (number plate surround)... as just posted, managed the cable through the rubber boot with the help of a bicycle inner brake cable :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:20pm
You seem to have a wiring loom plug and socket, don't remember that on mine ( what year is yours ) my loom was straight across very tight position . I soldered my connection and heat shrinked the insulation. Had to drill a small hole on the metal angle for earth connection . Good luck .
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Houstahousey Houstahousey wrote:

You seem to have a wiring loom plug and socket, don't remember that on mine ( what year is yours ) my loom was straight across very tight position . I soldered my connection and heat shrinked the insulation. Had to drill a small hole on the metal angle for earth connection . Good luck .

May 2014
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:48pm
Anyone help with the wire colour? Its not of the ones in the plug in the photo as after unplugging it, the reverse light is still working. I have access to the other wiring loom going through, but without knowing the colour I'm a bit screwed. Someone in another thread mentioned mauve and white (I think) but assuming mauve is brown, I don't think I have a mauve and white

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:34pm
Mauve is a purple colour , suppose it could be on later or other models the wiring loom may have altered. But on mine it is mauve and white.
BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic