FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Ring Xenon Ultima Headlamp Bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ring Xenon Ultima Headlamp Bulbs
    Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:52pm
Hi again all in Captur land,

Looking to upgrade my Captur Dipped & Main Beam Headlamp bulbs as originals are poor and the nights are getting darker earlier in Bonnie Scotland.
Original bulbs are H1 55w Anti UV according to Renault

Anyone fitted the Ring Automotive Xenon 120% H1 (RW1248)
or
Ring Xenon 130% (RW3348)

Would any of the above bulbs be suitable to fit 14plate Captur to use in either dipped beam and or full beam?

I have read in other posts here that certain bulbs might damage Captur headlamp lens as bulbs can get too hot and damage the plastic in lens?.

Any feedback from anyone that has actually fitted any of the Ring Automotive brand to the Captur would be great.
Thanks in advance Beer

Sponsored Links

Sachadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sachadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:40pm
I fitted Twenty20 140% brighter bulbs, far crisper white light, but not such a wide beam spread
Well it's not broken yet 🤞
Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:00pm
Cheers Sachadog for reply.
I have used the Ring Xenon 130% on another vehicle and they were fantastic.
Like night and day.

I have heard of the 20 /20 brand but am wanting to know if anyone has actually fitted and used the Ring Xenon 130% H1 55w to their Captur and any feedback regarding them.
Thanks again Beer

Edited by Kootzee - 13 Sep 2017 at 8:01pm
IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:20pm
I tried Halfords own-brand extra bright headlamp bulbs in my old Scenic but they didn't last very long.
Can any of those who have used extra-bright bulbs comment on their longevity?
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
Sachadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sachadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:24pm
Will be doing some late night country driving soon will update how good bad or indifferent the twenty20 bulbs are next week for others interested too.
Baldyman1810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldyman1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm
Fitted Twenty20 bulbs from Auto Bulbs Direct to my car a couple of weeks ago. Come with a two years guarantee. Had them in my last car(Fiesta) and the dips lasted two years and two weeks,the mains were still working when I sold it despite being in for over three years. They give a lot more,much whiter light so you can see a few extra yards on dip. Captur headlights don't throw the best beam pattern and the standard bulbs are crap. Like the wiper blades!!
graham49d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham49d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:52pm
I adjusted my dip beam up using the white hex adjuster visible on top both sides. Used garage door as a marker point. 10 full turns anti clockwise on each more or less equaled the interior wheel distance so I can adjust them down that much if needed when driving. Not driven a lot yet in dark since doing it.
Graham49d
Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 5:06pm
Thanks people,
I have looked at the 20/20 bulbs but unsure of them.

So I take it then that no one has actually fitted, tried and tested the Ring Automotive Xenon 120% or 130% H1 55w bulbs on their Captur??

Like I posted earlier,I have used these Ring 130% bulbs before on a quashkai, which were brilliant bulbs but I am unsure if they would be ok on a Captur due to the problems with headlamp lens plastic possible melting from heat from the bulbs.
If anyone has actually fitted and used the Ring Xenon please leave feedback as I really need to upgrade to better bulbs.
Again thanks in advance Unhappy
graham49d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham49d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 9:38pm
I have fitted the Philips +130% H1 55w and they are a bit brighter than Std bulb.
I do not recall any comment on forum that anyone has had problems with lens or glass fitting higher rated bulbs and there have been quite a few posts on the subject so fit which ever one you favour. They are very easy to fit.

Graham49d
Sachadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sachadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:43pm
Hi, back from long night runs, verdict on twenty20 bulbs, far whiter than oem bulbs, great illumination kerbside. The only real problem is that the headlamps. Dip beam spread and throw is atrocious. The high beam in combination with the twenty20 bulbs great, for brightness and long range illumination.
So IMHO the dip beam design is so bad am thinking about set off extra driving led spot.
Question though about legality for normal driving.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic