FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

slight uneven idle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Retired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slight uneven idle
    Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 5:14pm
Hello All
2015 Renault Captur 900cc Tce has a slight uneven lumpy idle on tick over.
Contacted main franchise showroom where vehicle was purchased from and was informed that due to the model having a 3 cylinder engine this is normal.
They informed me 3 and 5 cylinder vehicles will have a slight lumpy tick over.
Is this correct.
The reason for asking, I will go straight back if its not the case.
The vehicle has done 37000 miles, and the air filter is quite dirty and in need of changing
Sponsored Links

IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 6:14pm
Depends what you mean by lumpy.... it won't be as smooth as a 4-cylinder engine, extra vibration is a possibility, but it shouldn't be "lumpy".  My 3-cylinder Ford Ecoboost engine isn't lumpy or unsmooth, even at idle TBH
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
Retired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply, 
I suppose it is more of a vibration on idle, and on light throttle openings
monkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 7:55pm
Is the revcounter needle steady or is it erratic on tickover?
Retired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 8:46pm
Have to say theirs very little movement on idle, but when opening up on fine throttle and trying to hold it steady rev counter gets a bit erratic
monkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 6:48am
If the air filter needs changing it's possible that a service has been overlooked including new spark plugs.Check service record and get it back if there's warranty on the car would be my advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic