FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Strange.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baldyman1810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldyman1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange.
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:53am
Went to local Renault dealership yesterday(Monday 12/02)to book my Captur in for early oil change/service. Done 13,000 miles. Service chap on desk asks if I bought if from them,no says I,service chap takes reg and tells me it is not due until 18,000 or two years. I know says I,but I would like to have it done early. Bring it back at 18,000 or on September 29th(2 years)and we can do A and B service. What is A service says I,we change the cabin/pollen filter(£69!!!!) says he. I left.
Strange they didn't want my custom/money don't you think? Will go to dealers I got it from,bit further to go,32 miles compared to 7 for local dealer and see if they want my money.
Sponsored Links

terryp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
The "A" service is due at 18000 miles or one year when some members of this forum, me included, have opted for it to include an oil change.
Like you, David, I can't see any reason why your local dealer would not want to perform this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldyman1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm
Bit of a mystery,only went to them for my own convenience and to be honest quite pleased they wouldn't do it. Just remembered when they told me they would have my car in for the day and "do a diagnostics check" on my wiper blades when I enquired about changing my wiper arms because I couldn't find replacement blades for the crap originals.

Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:55pm
You can if you wish register your car via Renault UK website and create an account using MyRenault portal.
After registering your details, car registration,etc you can easily log in to check to see exactly when your car is due for service and what servicing work Renault recommend.
Hope this helps Beer

terryp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:58am
[QUOTE=Kootzee]You can if you wish register your car via Renault UK website and create an account using MyRenault portal.
After registering your details, car registration,etc you can easily log in to check to see exactly when your car is due for service and what servicing work Renault recommend.
Hope this helps Beer

You can also book in your car for service at the dealer of your choice which avoids the conversation described.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldyman1810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
Thanks both,will have a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic