FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Supermarket Parking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supermarket Parking
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:23am
Do any members reverse into. Supermarket parking bays, if so why? Watched a lady who had reversed in leave her trolley at the front of her car . She walked through the gap between the two cars opened her boot walked back took one bag from her trolley again walked between cars ,catching one as she made her way to the boot and carried on in this way till her boot was full. Unbeleavable............Ba. Why not pull in nose forward easy access to boot . Rant over!!
Sponsored Links

Smoke1958 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:29am
I always reverse park, with the only exception being in a supermarket for that very reasonSmile
Dynamique S Nav TCe120 Manual Arizona with Diamond Black Roof

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:23am
Did hear it was going to be part of the driving test.
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
Used to reverse in till the novelty of the camera wore off. Now do the sensible option and just drive in
terryp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:58pm
I think there is a tradition in the services to reverse into parking spaces on the theory that if you have to leave the space in an emergency you can drive out more quickly.
As for supermarkets, have you ever noticed how people like to cozy up to the next car? I'm often in supermarket car parks early when the are mostly empty. I park in the middle of a row of empty spaces. When I come out, someone has parked next to me although there are still loads of empty spaces elsewhere. They are often so close that I have to squeeze in the driver's door.
Why do they do that??
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm
To stop their car from getting lonely
Kootzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kootzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:08pm
Must be car love Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:17pm
Must be the same breed as the drivers who don't indicate !!!.
BoldonKen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoldonKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:59am
I have also noticed the "reverse parking" trend in supermarkets. Could it be a "Health and Safety" thing? In the bad old days, when I had to attend work, there was an edict that all cars in the staff car park had be parked by reversing into he space. The "logic" was that it reduced the risk of accident when reversing out of the space. It did not appear to occur the Health and Safety Police that the same amount of reversing was needed, and, if there was a risk of injury, they were simply time shifting it. To me, in a supermarket, it makes zero sense, unless you have a HillMan Imp (remember them?) or similar, 
2016 Captur Signature Nav Dci 90 Flame Red/Diamond Black

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BoldonKen BoldonKen wrote:

I have also noticed the "reverse parking" trend in supermarkets. Could it be a "Health and Safety" thing? In the bad old days, when I had to attend work, there was an edict that all cars in the staff car park had be parked by reversing into he space. The "logic" was that it reduced the risk of accident when reversing out of the space. It did not appear to occur the Health and Safety Police that the same amount of reversing was needed, and, if there was a risk of injury, they were simply time shifting it. To me, in a supermarket, it makes zero sense, unless you have a HillMan Imp (remember them?) or similar, 

Or a VW Beetle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic