FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

REGISTER YOUR CLUTCH JUDDER HERE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
ShivenCaptur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShivenCaptur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REGISTER YOUR CLUTCH JUDDER HERE
    Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:36am
Hi All, I am new to the Forum and from South Africa.

I have a 2016 Renault Captur 900cc Manual with roughly 41000 km's.

Noticed clutch judder at around 38k Km's and started off during cold mornings with an increased amount of judder on an incline.

Booked the vehicle at the dealer: They couldn't pick up an issue - dealer said I am probably taking off at too low Rpms - No wonder my average fuel consumption increased from 7.4 to around 8 (Dealer probably drove it hard) - didn't have an issue with vehicle before 38k km's with same driving techniques.

Will have to rebook the vehicle to have the vehicle park off over night and test in the morning.

They did indicate, that they will have to drop the gearbox to inspect but if nothing is wrong then I am liable for the bill.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:16pm
They will tell you it is the dmf when it is out of warranty. While it is under warranty they will lie through their teeth
Frankthesurf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankthesurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 7:05pm
Captur 1.5 DCI
Now got 40K on it and out of warranty.
Judder first noticed at around 10K and reported on first service.
Never realised this list existed until today.
Had it road tested several times to be told that if they strip it I could be liable for costs if not a warranty issue.
Last roadtest 5 days ago now told the issue is the dual mass flywheel.
Just to add. my last 4 new cars all covered more that 150K and NEVER had a clutch replaced
grumpy crdi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy crdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 2:50pm
Have you taken it back to the dealer over this judder? My dci90 auto juddered from new. The dealer twice tried to reprogramme the gearbox but it didn't work and they refused to do anything else to fix it. They claimed that they didn't know what was wrong with it and would not strip the box down without permission from Renault UK. I contacted them because the dealer couldn't be arsed. Renault UK set up a 3way telephone call with the dealer so I could listen to what was said. The dealer agreed immediately to strip the box. The upshot was a courtesy car, full strip down of the auto box and the replacement of the two dual mass flywheels at a cost of £1700 under warranty. It works perfectly now but I'm not very welcome at the dealers. The reception I get is best described as "glacial", but I don't give a stuff. The difference between my Renault dealer's attitude and my other(non Renault) dealer is like chalk and cheese. I know where I'm going to buy my next car from
rpaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:30am
Judder noticed after 7000 on Diesel automatic 
Generator-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Generator-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Hi Guys 

2014 plate 1.5 dci, 34k, I've owned it for about two months and it judders now and again, normally in the colder weather! 

But you really know when it does ... 

Regards

BlueMeany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:35am
1.5 diesel 14Plate. Noticed about 25k
Graham_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:40pm
1.5dci 2015 plate, noticed after few hundred miles, dealer not interested wants to charge for inspection. Now at just over 22k miles and still happening
Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Senormal Senormal wrote:

Judder was first noticed at 12000 kms. Dealer in Spain changed engine mounts. No better. Judder is worse after driving for more than 50kms and particularly in traffic conditions. Car now has done 50000 kms. Iris a 1.5 dci deisel. Won't make me sell the car but will stop me buying another one.

Yes think this sums it up. Renault may loose out in the future as don't think I can trust them again.
Captain Norri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Norri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:08am
The top technician did test drive it that's when he said it was our style of driving,
second time it's been back since buying on the 6th March 2018.
Again have said nothing wrong with the clutch, not a happy Captur Driver!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic