FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Media Nav & iPhone 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Redtraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Media Nav & iPhone 5
    Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 12:11am
Hi,

I've just got a new iPhone (5c) which connects fine to the media nav. The songs seem to jump every so often ( unite a lot sometimes). Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

Also, it shows just one song on my media Nav screen (no picture). Is this correct ?

Edited by Redtraveller - 01 Dec 2013 at 12:12am
Sponsored Links

BlueMeanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:46am
Could be an Apple Issue... (e.g. not playing nice...)
Tyrfelin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrfelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 9:45am
Using a usb you get the art pictures up automatically (if they are there - can also add with creevity). Better than bluetooth and always works well. Also it mutes for voice instructions when using navigation!
Redtraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Tyrfelin Tyrfelin wrote:

Using a usb you get the art pictures up automatically (if they are there - can also add with creevity). Better than bluetooth and always works well. Also it mutes for voice instructions when using navigation!

Thanks, my only worry with USB was that I would have to scroll through loads of songs to find the one I wanted. With the phone you can look at your list of albums and just pick a song you want.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 8:20am
Seems that The issue of Bluetooth Streaming from (most/all) phones is a harware issue in the Medianav unit. They know about this issue but won't have a fix in place until this time next year (if it ever happens)
In meantime anyone who has this issue should report/complain about it. It is not your phone it is the Medianav unit iteself not being up to the task. 
Buying a device which cannot do what it says...
Tito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:18pm
I also have these "hickups" when bt playing music from my iPhone 5, so annoying... Angry
Captur Dynamique 1.2 Turbo Automatic - MediaNav
Rockabilly Raz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockabilly Raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 3:09pm
This isn't a phone issue, but a Bluetooth "issue". It was never designed to work with 2 devices at the same time (phone and music streaming). 
It's not a Captur exclusive problem. Just google it!!
Try turning of the Phonebook sync. That will help, but not solve the problem completely.
I'm intrigued to hear the Renault have a fix in the pipeline. Are the redesigning the Bluetooth standards?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 4:03pm
As it is the Mobile doing all the work here (being the server) , doesn't a IPhone stop playing music when a call comes in ?
and starts again when you hang up ?
E.g. it is a serial process ?

Dynamique S 120 EDC Auto ,Tahoe Blue, Black roof & wheels
Rockabilly Raz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockabilly Raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 3:57pm
I think that is the problem. 
Because it is a serial stream....when the MediaNav polls for an update to the phone-book (which It does regularly), it interferes with the music that is being streamed. 
That is my understanding from the threads I have read on other websites....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic