FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the brand new Renault Captur Forums. Our forums are open now and are free to join - please signup, pop in and say hello!

We're aiming to keep you all updated with the latest news, ordering information and any other Captur gossip we can find. Let us know if you have any Captur information to share.

Water in boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Caterpillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caterpillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by amore amore wrote:

Any resolution to the water in boot problem? I  have just removed 25 litres from my boot having diccovered internal heavy misting up of all glass surfaces. No way to drain but by jug etc. Must be one seal or another and should have bean identified by now. Mine is a June 2013 Captur and is now  four months out of warranty.

Sit in the closed boot and get the other half to spray a hosepipe on it, see if you can identify where the water is coming in.
Sponsored Links

Yap soft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yap soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
I had the problem in 2014. Took car in to dealer and they stripped out boot and bumper etc. Problem was a seal underneath car. Not lights nor rear screen nor washer. Job done in a couple of hours under warranty. 2 years later it is still dry. Production fault? Good luck
Braddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:04am
Can you tell me exactly what seal was causing the problem. My car has been with the dealer now for three days and they can't trace the issue.
Vbl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vbl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Husband's Capture had same issue last year - discovered two months after warranty expired. Initially Renault denied responsibility, then offered to pay 70% of repairs. I wrote to CEO and the car was taken in for repair at Renault cost within a week. Water again within three weeks. Car returned to dealer and after two days of tests and work, all good. No ide what was seal was changed but Drakes of Market Weighton may still have info.
Braddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:20pm
Many thanks. I phoned your dealer but they say it could be a number of issues and would need a full water test to trace the problem. Thanks anyway.
IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:16pm
The "usual" method of tracing an obscure leak is to dry it all out then apply talcum powder around the spare wheel well.  After a few days of weather when it has rained, check to see if there is a tell-tale trace of the route that water is taking to get in
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
Braddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Thanks IvorETower. Just discovered yesterday there is a void below the tailgate and behind the bumper that is filling with water. Then when the car is driven/braked the water slops out into the boot and spare wheel well. Rain water does not go directly into the wheel well. We now have to find out why this void is filling up. The main suspect is the run off going down either side of the tailgate and behind the lights. Probably a blockage under the lights and behind the bumper. The bumper will have to be removed to trace the issue. I'll keep you informed.
Braddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 7:45pm

Got my car back to day. Problem appears to have been leaks at the back just in front of the bumper and below the lights. There are flaps on either side that release the air when a door closes. They are supposedly like a one-way valve - only air can get out - nothing gets in! Problem is that the seals around the flap housing had both rotted and the rain water running down either side of the tailgate had passed the lights and run into the void behind the bumper.  From there it has sloshed into the boot when the car was driven. It seems that the way the water is allowed to run down, it constantly attacks the spongy seals and it is no surprise they perish. I'd put the problem down to a design issue.
Hope this helps.
IvorETower View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvorETower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:25pm
^
Interesting and something for us all to watch out for as our cars age.... any chance of some photos to make it clearer ?
Captur'd by GOK the Wok somewhere near Camberley. Ordered on 27-Feb-2014, delivered on 16-July-2014 (20 week wait). Tahoe blue and ivory 1.5DCI EDC
Houstahousey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houstahousey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 8:23am
What age is your car Braddy?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic