Renault Captur introduces two seldom seen, but valued, innovations: patented Zip Collection removable seat covers (depending on version), plus a large Easy Life drawer in place of the familiar glove box (not available with right hand drive). On a more general level, Renault Captur brings innovative practical and comfort features to a broader public in the B segment.
- Easy Life: the first glove box that can be used by the driver from the driving seat. Capable of holding 11 litres, the Easy Lifedrawer is a more attractive and practical solution than the traditional glove box, since it is so easy to see inside and reach its contents.
- The removable, multi-position boot floor is also reversible, with carpeting on one side and rubberised plastic on the other.
- The uncluttered forms of the large boot enable it to hold from 377 to 455 litres (depending on rear sliding seat position)
- A removable 1.6-litre bin is located between the front seats.
- A large lidded stowage area is set in the top of the dashboard.
- The front door bins can accommodate 1.5-litre drinks bottles.
- Two handy stowage areas are located underneath the boot mat either side of the tyre inflation kit.
- The rear bench seat slides 160mm of fore/aft travel.
Easy to maintain:
- The Zip Collection seat covers are easy to unzip, for cleaning by hand or in a washing machine. There is no need to labour awkwardly inside the car to get rid of stains; the interior can now be as good as new when you come to re-sell.
- The rubberised side of the reversible multi-position boot floor can simply be sponged clean or swept out, while the boot walls and front seat shrouding will cope easily with dirty loads.
Thoughtful and convenient:
- Keyless entry and starting is standard across the range, while a hands-free key card is available for the second equipment level and upwards,
- The height-adjustable driver’s seat has 70mm of travel so that drivers of all sizes can find a comfortable driving position.
- Motorway Lane Change function: a single flick of the indicator produces three flashes.
- Hill Start Assist across the range.
- Rear parking sensors (audible signal) and reversing camera as part of MEDIA NAV or R-Link packs.
- Cornering lights: automatic activation of the appropriate fog light to light up the inside of a corner and provide the driver with a wider field of view.
- Welcome lighting and indirect ambient lighting above the Easy Life drawer, from the second equipment level upwards.
Renault Captur – making the on-board experience even more luxurious
Thanks to their generous complement of standard equipment, all versions of Renault Captur boast an equipment specification worthy of larger classes:
Renault Captur can be specified with an EDC dual clutch gearbox mated to the TCe 120 engine, to combine the comfort of automatic transmission with the fuel economy of a manual.
To cement its family-wide appeal, Renault Captur is equipped with the very best in multimedia solutionsthanks to a choice between the Renault R-Link or Media Nav systems, as well as high-quality audio equipment. All versions of Renault Captur feature four large-diameter (165mm) loudspeakers as standard or, when R-Link is specified, four woofers and two tweeters. All the audio systems available for Renault Captur come with steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control, plus USB and jack sockets, mounted either on the fascia itself or elsewhere on the console. The Bluetooth ® technology of these systems allows hands-free telephone operation and enjoyment of music stored on portable devices with no need for trailing cables. The R-Plug&Radio systems are equipped with an MP3-compatible CD player.