Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing a vibration/rattle /metallic buzzing inside cabin adjacent to drivers door, right side of dash?
Just appeared today after couple of months and 1200 miles-may be temperature dependant but uncertain of that.
Tried holding /pushing all visible bits to no effect-inside dashboard or door possibly?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh no! One thing I cannot stand. Here is genuinely hoping mine is ok or the potential of a 2 year old and music may drown that out! Lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes....Me and the Mrs argued the other day which side of the dash it was from.....I reckon its temperature related and I have it when the aircon is on at maximum cold.....its as if the contraction of plastic creates a gap which can resonate with the tone of the engine and road surface condition.........I think its the "end" panels that cause it which are visible when you open the front doors........I gave mine a thump with flat hand and it seemed to stop.........the rattle that is......not the Mrs!!!

Apart from a rear seat belt noise annoyance its the first other noise I have had!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Lynnemack87 said:
What part of the seat belts rattle? I've heard that this is a problem before? Lol
Not really a problem but the left rear seat belt does not stay where it should and moves off the backrest and onto the plastic panel at the side and rattles away!.......it does on mine anyway! easy design to have would be a slot in the plastic panel in which to plug it when not in use.........like the lack of a glove box light should be too easy to think by designers but not included.........oversight when you consider the daft twangy seat back storage that doesn't do anything............apart from giving easily pleased passengers something to twang in the back.........daft idea!!

I enjoy my Captur but sometimes wish it didn't seem such a rushed product.......so many things could and should have been included and at not a great deal of cost as well!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Capturion what do you mean by grass spray.
TCEddy I will try jamming something between door and panel to test your theory.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Try "grease" instead of "grass"

·
Registered
47 Posts
During summer days I need to do the "greasing" every two months to avoid hearing those "cracks" at the doors. I use this lubricant:

Edited by: Capturion

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Vbl said:
Bit of grease on it improve it?
I suppose that yesterday, we should have suggested that you put some grouse on it

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just started a new topic about this as I couldn't find it on here!

I am also getting a temperature-sensitive metallic rattle.

Did greasing the door metal catch thingy help?

·
Registered
167 Posts
T.C.Eddy on noisy seat belts.
When I received my Captur the seat belts were fastened and looked quite neat on the 3 back seats. Why not buckle up to stop the noise?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have to admit to doing the "Just had an MOT look" with the rear seat belts....but passengers don't half get annoyed when they have to unbuckle them to buckle em up again!!

All they need is a little slot........problem solved!!......maybe on the Mk 2.....if it survives that long!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Grease spray worked for me regarding noise that was coming from the doors. Have to spray every three weeks during hot summer days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts