Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of posts about diesel mpg figures but few regarding 0.9 petrol versions. Current average mpg is 42.6 after completing a total of 1250 miles -mainly town or country driving-no motorways-with air con on most of time and Eco mode selected for the majority of journeys
Interesting to note that my figures based on fill up to first click are very close to the figures generated by the computer.
Hopefully the figure will get even better!
Previous car was a Fiat Punto Evo Eco model which boasted figures of 70 - 80 mpg but the average returned was 53 mpg over 15000 miles.
In my circumstance the option to purchase a petrol engine was a no brainer considering my mileage.
Really pleased with the car so far and touch wood I have not experienced any problems .
Ivory with black roof and ivory wheels is a real looker and attracts a fair bit of attention.Edited by: Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Rob

Thanks for that - very interesting to hear about petrol mpg. I'm in the same position as you, don't do enough miles to warrant a diesel. Glad you're pleased with the car so far too. Really looking forward to getting mine!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mak71
You won't be disappointed - great little engine-best way is to drive in Eco mode for a while then switch it off. Not exactly hair on the back of the neck stuff but the difference in performance is quite something for a bit of a buzz!
Colour choice great -high quality paint application and a dream to clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Struggling to get above 38MPG here, with 800 miles gone. It's going up, but very slowly though, probably because it mainly just goes to work or to the shops and back.
Got my old Focus Econetic up to 48MPG and was hoping for similar from my Captur.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Trip to Anglesey yesterday from Liverpool..am now 599 miles on clock and getting 41.8 mpg...getting better all the time.
meterman_56

·
Registered
824 Posts
mikeyw85 said:
Struggling to keep ours out of the 20's! But it mostly town driving.
Should be getting high 30s on that kind of motoring.........needs checking out seems quite a low return!

·
Registered
95 Posts
We are receiving approx 46 mpg with mostly city driving and one motorway journey. Really pleased so far as rosie has only done 500 miles. I use the eco mode although the wife hates it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
mikeyw85 said:
Our Captur has about 2500 miles on now and is averaging about 35mpg, so that's better!

It will improve won't it ????

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm on 4600m and almost entirely city driving and I've got 36mpg over the 6months and more recently 38mpg, I've done two long motorway journeys at 70mph on cruise control and i've got 55mpg on both, not quite what is quoted by Renault but still ok

·
Registered
921 Posts
welshblue said:
I'm on 4600m and almost entirely city driving and I've got 36mpg over the 6months and more recently 38mpg, I've done two long motorway journeys at 70mph on cruise control and i've got 55mpg on both, not quite what is quoted by Renault but still ok

Good improvement but you don't say what Captur you have ?
Lyn

·
Registered
921 Posts
Peter Slagelse DK said:
Hey LynG - isn't it all about 0,9 Tce mpg ? :))

I just wanted to check as sometimes the conversation link goes off piste

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a 0.9 TCe
Done nearly 3000 miles
Showing 42.4 mpg
Eco on all the time , but I do short journeys , and don't use air con
Hopefully will go up a bit,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Everybody should be getting slightly better economy just now because not only are the engines gaining some miles but with the warm weather they should be getting up to the optimum operating temperature more quickly which will also help.Edited by: Perusal

1 - 20 of 44 Posts