Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Considering purchasing this car to replace my awful Citroën C4 Grand Picasso.

Any advice? Things to look out for?
Does it have cruise control? Also can you add roof bars to it?

Grateful for any advice
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also considering the 2017 Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi dynamique nav. Any opinions on this ?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Great car had my 1.5 90 captur diesel for nearly 6 years, check that the cam belt has been changed, diesels require a good 20 mile run every now and then or they clog

·
Registered
579 Posts
Both very similar. More room in the Kadjar if you need it. My neighbour has roof bars on his Captur. You don't say what year Captur but they do come with Cruise Control. Kadjar also. The only thing I don't like about mine is the lack of interior storage (I was spoiled with the Scenic) and the rubbish satnav on the medianav.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would also add that some of the earlier models did suffer from cv joint problems, and
dual flywheel problems.

Check for clutch judder when test driving

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used to have a C4 (but quite got on with mine - except for its horrible automatic gearbox) and irrespective of model, or the problems you have had with yours, the big feature of the C4 is its size and how bright and airy its very glassy cabin is. I moved to a Kuga (which I also liked) which while similar in size to the C4 seemed cramped and dark in comparison. The Captur I drive now is significantly smaller than the Kuga and may be a big step down in size for you. If you need the space then the Kadjar may be a better choice.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
113 Posts
Yes, I've got to agree with Oldboy, if it's space you want. The Kadjar is much more roomy than the Captur and having owned one for three and a half years with no problems whatsoever (a matter of pure luck, I know) would recommend it. If it's a 17 reg, find out when exactly it was first registered and if it has Apple Car Play/Android Auto. Cars built after May 2017 had the upgrade of the RLink2 which included both. You don't say what reg the Captur is.

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
The Kuga (not the very recently launched one) is an old design and not very space-efficient. It certainly feels a lot larger and heavier than the Captur to drive. The Kadjar is larger than the Captur for sure, and if you shop around can be found to be much better value for money if you need the extra space

1 - 8 of 8 Posts