Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed my first 1,000 miles in my new 1.5d. I am happy to report I have achieved an average of 71.2 mpg which I am over the moon with. I know that the book says I should get 76.4 however I suspect that will come with time when the car is broken in as to say. My previous car only achieved 47mpg so I am well chuffed.

The trip computer is saying that my driving score is 92/100 is there anyone out there who has managed to get a higher score at this stage?

I have not had any problems with the car, well I tell a lie, the only problem I have had was a rattle coming from the rear parcel shelf which I have temporarily rectified with a small piece of blu tac! The car is a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's part of the trip report on R Link. It scores you on 3 specific things; gear changing; accelerating and anticipation and gives you an overall score out of 100. It will also tell you how to improve your driving.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Very interesting report!
Congratulations!...

My car will have the R-link, so I will watch out for that.....although... our car will be automatic....so my partner will have it a bit easier in some respects.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Getting that close to the "on paper" 76.4 mpg is phenomenal. I'm probably averaging mid 60's but doing a lot of Motorway mileage. I'm more than happy with that and the car in general. I'm seeing everybody else is loving theirs as we'll

·
Registered
824 Posts
iang said:
Yes, it's part of the trip report on R Link. It scores you on 3 specific things; gear changing; accelerating and anticipation and gives you an overall score out of 100. It will also tell you how to improve your driving.
Is there also a colour changing indicator on the dash pod with this as well? I was convinced I should have one on mine but reading the books again I think its only on the Dynamique S version (I had a test drive in a Dynamique S but bought the Dynamique only,hence my confusion).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi TC Eddy - yes there is a colour changing indicator that morphs between green, amber and red, obviously you want to try and keep it green to get the best fuel economy. The dash also has an indicator that flashes up to show you if you need to change up or down gears. They are giving you as much information as possible to get the best out of the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi iaing. Have just gone through the 1100 miles barrier - passing through 1000 miles last Friday - and am averaging 63 mpg; this includes about 20% motorway driving but mainly longish journeys on good roads through the hills and mountains up here. I have only engaged the Eco button just over a week ago and have noticed the improvement in the car's mpg; although it retards the Capture's acceleration it still does not hang around - I just takes a bit longer to overtake. Overall its's a brilliant car to drive.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's very good on our roads Ant...you're a lucky man doing that mileage in your Captur ...a car built for driving these distances comfortably

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Guys,This is exceptional mpg you are both achieving, for a lot of cars you can knock 20 sometimes 30 miles off their 'official' mpg.
My neighbour has just bought a Passat estateand the dealer told him to expect 70 mpg! good luck with that I said

Just out of interest how many miles are you doing on a full tank?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have kept the Eco button on in order to get the most mpg out of the car, I agree it does retard the car a bit but it is worth it in my view. I have just completed 1,500 miles and now averaging exactly 70 mpg.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
AC in the UK? when it's cold....I suppose may be needed...but in the British climate the normal system will do! I've never had it when I was in the UK...

Now it is a MUST when you have summer temperatures of 30C+ I think it's a small sacrifice to pay to get an excellent return on mpg!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Will be interesting to see my average milage. I drive really short journeys ideally not good but necessary.
I get about 25 mpg at the mo in my vehicle doing these journeys. On motorways I get about 35 mpg. Can't wait to see what I get with the captur.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts