Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just collected my Dynamique 90TCe Mednav and have to say im very impressed.

the placing of the media Nav unit is ideal for the driver,well within easy reach, and the touch screen allows easy navigation to the option you want.

Stop/start has worked like a dream...1st car ive had with this and a bit unnerving at 1st but you soon get use to it.

Eco mode...ideal for around the town.love how the tone of the engine changes when stationary with the button on/off.

mpg...not sure on this yet (tended to get between 27 and 99.9, im ignoring till it settles down) but if the needle is to be believed ive used less petrol on the drive back than diesel on the drive there in a 1.5lt Scenic dci.

i can confirm you DO NOT lose any boot space if you purchased the spare wheel. :)

only gripe...and this isnt anything major, just something to get use to, is the hands free.with the Scenic you only had to place your hand on the handle to open the car but i believe from other posts that there is a button to press now to open it. just a small thing and one i just to get a handle on (boom boom)

all in all im
ing it! and to all those waiting for theirs to come...your in for a **** of a treat

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good to hear you're enjoying it, mines still a few months away.

As for the unlocking yes you have to push a button but I really like the fact you can just get out of the car and walk away and it automatically locks (does on the Dynamique S anyway). On my current car (Toyota Avensis T4) I have to either touch the door handle or press the remote to lock it. So it's really only an inconvenience to unlock

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, couldnt agree more Dal, its nice to be able to walk away and not wonder if its locked or not.it was something i loved on the scenic and now its something to enjoy about the Captur too

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice little write up Tony.........talking about the boot.....did you get the Renault First Aid Kit and the complimentary oil??
When I ordered mine I wasnt sure what I would get as a spare.... either the inflater and gunk or the spacesaver......I hadn't realised it was extra for the spare wheel spacesaver........shhh!!! mine had a spacesaver in the back!!........another saving!!

The hands free door opening and closing is a great idea

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the 1st aid kit TC which was a nice surprise, but no oil.

and nice saving on the spacesaver...£95 in your pocket is better than in theirs
lol

and so glad they stuck with the hands free...gotten use to it now with the past Renaults ive had...no more scratches around the keyhole on the door panel and ignition

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree with the locking and unlocking of the Captur in that it is so convenient. I was the worlds worst for leaving my car open (so my wife tells me) now I don't have to ask myself "did I lock my car" as I know it is locked by just walking away and hearing the beep. Excellent feature.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agreed. i know when i first got it (either a megane or clio i cant remember which) i was in a catch 22 as i kept going back to make sure it had actually locked
lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thx for the write up tony. Yet another happy owner. Mine was suppose to be delivered to the dealers Saturday. Was told today it's def tomorrow having talked to Renault uk. All the paperwork and plates are done. Just got the g3 to put on so I'm hoping that another oyster grey hits the roads on Thursday latest.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll keep my fingers crossed for you Dr65. there was another exactly the same as mine getting collected at 3 this afty when i was at the dealers today lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think as with most new owners you will be a tad nervous the first 1,000. But the longer you own the Captur I'm sure you'll realise what a decent drive it is. As well as being a looker. If the Quashquai Hyundai i35 Mitsubishi x2 Kia sportage etc are a little too big for your needs then the Yeti and the Captur are your only choice for the price. The Mokkalooks ok but for the same spec will cost you another £3/4 000. The Peugot 2008 comes with a cloth cap, the Yeti cant match the spec. The captur looks good, drives good, specs good, costs all round good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats bigbadtony
Not surprised your 1st impressions are so favourable - haven't seen anything bad on here yet other than a couple of very "picky" things and you won't hear anything bad from me. Had mine over a month now and still lurving it
Dr65, hope all pans out tomorrow for you

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Exactly my reasoning when I went for the Captur...Thewhiteball!

WE made the right choice!! Great car...

Dr65...are you still not in that car?!! it seems like I've known you for years...but surely you will be a happy chappy...this week?

BigAl..glad to see you're as happy as me!

Bigbadtony..you'll be in the shades and swanning around in good old British weather. ENJOY!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts