Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know when 1st Service is due on the 1.5 DCi Dynamique (manual) ? All the service entries in the handbook are blank. I've asked my dealer several times but still not had a response. I think I had one of the first on the road in the UK and have already done 4,500+ miles so starting to panic a bit :) Answers on a postcard !

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got 90 tce, but was told it's 30.000 km... it was on a separate paper I got from the dealer when signing the handover of the car.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have the same Polly for my 120. You have many more miles in front of you BigA before the service...I would say 20000 miles or a year!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's - Sounds like 18,000 miles then
I was kind of guessing 10,000 or 12,000 so that's another bonus

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's not in the Captur brochure but the Clio brochure shows all non-Renault Sport models with the same engines as the Capturhave a 18,000 mile or 12 month intervals (whichever comes sooner of course)

·
Registered
924 Posts
According to the Warranty and Service sheet; warranty conditions:

There are two classes of service; A and B

If your annual mileage is greater than 9000 miles a year, these two service classes must be carried out together every 18,000 miles or annually, whichever occurs first.

The implication being that if you do 6,000 miles in your first year certain elements of the service ie. Service A will be carried out. Subsequently if you do 6,000 miles in your second year, then Service B will be carried out.

The document shows service items; both optional and mandatory through the life of the car up to year 12.

As I noted in another thread, only mandatory service items are covered by the free service warranty. Optional items will have to be paid for.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
824 Posts
Your vehicle is covered for free servicing during your first four years of ownership, or your first 48,000 miles (80,000 miles for vans), whichever comes first. That covers everything required in the manufacturer's minimum maintenance programme including parts, labour and VAT, but excluding normal wear-and-tear items, such as brake pads, windscreen wipers or tyres.

And you can rest assured that this service will be to the highest standards, performed by professional Renault-trained technicians using only Renault Genuine Parts. You can even book online, using the Renault dealership of your choice.

Taken from Renault UK website

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Your vehicle is covered for free servicing during your first four years of ownership, or your first 48,000 miles (80,000 miles for vans), whichever comes first. That covers everything required in the manufacturer's minimum maintenance programme including parts, labour and VAT, but excluding normal wear-and-tear items, such as brake pads, windscreen wipers or tyres.

And you can rest assured that this service will be to the highest standards, performed by professional Renault-trained technicians using only Renault Genuine Parts. You can even book online, using the Renault dealership of your choice.

Taken from Renault UK website
TC, I need to laugh when I see this written by any manufacturer these days..
Trained technicians can read a computer printout...but oh boy, not many are mechanics....and that's a pity!!

End of rant!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I will trust them to do the standard servicing during the time of the warranty...and then it's bye-bye..hello a garage with a computer and a 'mechanic' who can recognise a problem if it exists, rather than believing what a computer tells him!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
My previous experience with our dealer has been second to none! Gotta trust them to sort it out when service or repairs arise!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts