Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems changing from 1st to 2nd gear? It doesnt happen all the time but I have found on a few occasions when I change from 1st to 2nd it feels as though Ive stuck it in the wrong gear. Can't get my head around it and its driving me nuts! Really regretting buying this car now 馃様

Super Moderator
It may just need a simple adjustment to the gearlever linkage

Registered
Reverse gear was always problematic on renaults always requiring an adjustment a worn clutch can also make gear shifting harder

Registered
I take it it is a 2015 dci , is it a underpower problem or hard to get in to gear ? Make sure the eco button is not on it,s near the gear lever, has the fuel filter been changed, as IvorE tower says a small adjustment of the linkage may help.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I take it it is a 2015 dci , is it a underpower problem or hard to get in to gear ? Make sure the eco button is not on it,s near the gear lever, has the fuel filter been changed, as IvorE tower says a small adjustment of the linkage may help.
Yes its a 2015 dci. I can't explain it....when I shift from 1st to 2nd it feels like I've shifted too quickly when I havent. I've only had the car 2 weeks. It's had a full service back in June according to service book. I'm due a motorway run this wkend and hope it isnt going to cause probs!

Registered
Try changing gear between 2200 to 2500 rpm but don鈥檛 get to hung up on this figure.
I had my 1.5 dci for five years you have purchased one of the best engines for the year.

Avoid the eco mode it鈥檚 a gimmick and will slow the cars response down.

The reason I mentioned a fuel filter change is the car setting off will require a serge of fuel
and a partially blocked filter will starve the engine.

Take it for a run as you said try to do about 3000 in fourth gear for about 15 miles
this will clean the carbon out of the exhaust.

The 1.5 is not a fast car but good on fuel if you give it a run every two months or so

Registered
I had DCI Clio 14 plate First gear constantly locked,which could be awkward, gearbox issue I was told,now got 16 plate Captur DCI hope that issue was sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts