Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. 2014 Captur owner. Wipers working fine but can't hear the pump going like it normally does to shoot my washer fluid. Front or back. Pressure has always been a little low. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
Well, it could be a number of things. Are you getting any water/fluid at the nozzles? Electrical issue, or blocked/damaged pipes? (and of course, the obvious - is there water in the reservoir?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put about a small waterbottles worth in earlier... But will try sit to the brim when I can next to see if that fixes it. Will check nozzles too. How can I check electrical? Fuses?

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
I have a horrible feeling that the pump motors are buried at the bottom of the washer bottle and therefore not easy to get to.. but if you have checked the fus(es) and they are OK, next step would be to test the motors by connecting 12V direct to them, and/or the washer "switch" in the stalk to determine if there is a fault with the switch, motor(s) or in the wiring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a horrible feeling that the pump motors are buried at the bottom of the washer bottle and therefore not easy to get to.. but if you have checked the fus(es) and they are OK, next step would be to test the motors by connecting 12V direct to them, and/or the washer "switch" in the stalk to determine if there is a fault with the switch, motor(s) or in the wiring
Roger that, will have a look when I get a chance.
Any one know off top of their noggin which fuse would be the one I'd check?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
Quite amazing what you can find on the internet these days, a website dedicated to car fuse box locations and layouts. I'm genuinely astonished:

Reactions: Gren
1 - 6 of 6 Posts