Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well it is pretty smart and functions really well. Very easy to use ...... but I now find there isn't even an SD card slot despite it being shown in the handbook. Unless it's hidden elsewhere.
There seems to be a completely useless 12v cigarette lighter type socket in its place. I mean who smokes in a car these days? Oh, I guess the French !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally collected my S Line 130 TCE auto yesterday. Not really driven it much yet but first impressions are great. Got Highland Grey with black roof and it looks stunning - one of the attractions and a couple of neighbours already complimentary about appearance. Big infotainment system works well and Sat nav and radio leave Audi A3 in the dark ages. Might have helped as I set each pre-set station each one seemed to be playing one of my favourites! The biggest downside for me is the ridiculous keyless fob. It's nearly the size that a mobile phone was a few years back and has no loop or hole for a key ring. I've kept my car key on a ring with my house keys for 50 years and never lost them. I'm gonna lose this thing. Whoever thought it was a chic design should be sacked! Only other thing, as I mentioned before is the bulge in the door caused by the speaker which restricts getting out of the car in tight situations. A shame because the decent height would have been a great asset for people with restricted knee flexibility. I will do a more in depth review when I've had it longer.
Hi, I just bought one exactly like your a month ago and its having problems with the AC. Does yours work fine. I took it back to the house and they reset the system .It worked for a couple of days and now is having the same issues. It switches to fan by itself and then back to AC again. I´m looking for owners just to double check if theirs are ok so I can go back to the house again and get the AC replaced. Thanks a lot for your reviews. I really like the car and the model but its just this what is getting on my nerves now..

·
Registered
19 Posts
The A/C seems okay on mine but I haven't really used it much yet so I will keep an eye on it and give you an update on here in a week or two.
A couple of updates - of the gimmicks I am finding the auto high beam and blind spot monitoring very good. I can't make my mind up yet about auto lane control but seems ok and quite useful. Now I have perfected my seat adjustment I am not finding the bulky door speaker so bad for access but my foot does just touch it but I accept people with normal knees wouldn't have a problem. Again, not done many long journeys yet but mpg appears promising considering the engine is still tight. Got just over 50 mpg on a journey and driving style that probably would have got about 52mpg in my 1.0l Tfsi Audi A3 auto. So far i have found the autobox superior to the VW group 7speed DSG, It is equally smooth but much less hesitant pulling away at roundabouts etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot, just read on another chat that apparently it's a common problem. I'm going to contact the house dealer tomorrow. Keep an ye on yours though. Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just driven from Essex to Brighton and back. There was a long stretch along the M23 that was 50mph average and I didn't go over 70mph much on M25 and A23 as still "running in" but I got an astonishing average 68 mpg in Eco mode and it was actually on 70 mpg till I was about 5 miles from home when I hit heavy slow moving traffic queue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heck, I was feeling quite pleased with my average of 48mpg until I read this. I have just completed 2000 miles in my S Edition 130 TCE auto. This is made up of a mix of motorway/dual carriage way, country A roads and a fair chunk of town driving. Still very good compared to the ~35mpg I used to get from my 2 litre Kuga. I will own up to not using eco-mode and perhaps being a bit brisk on motorways (although I have been good and keeping the revs below 2000 as I have been running in throughout). My longer runs include Wiltshire to Southampton and back and Wiltshire to South Devon and back. I do find the Capture to be a relaxed and comfortable cruiser both on motorways and country roads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Oldboy, as a fellow old boy I am pretty good at extracting max mpg from cars. I always seem to get the top end or higher of what people quote! If it helps, since then on a more normal long journey round M25 and A21 and a few lanes, at night, and little traffic I got 53 mpg which is a more realistic target. I wasn't trying that hard and there were no long constant 50mph stretches which is pretty much optimum for max fuel consumption. Around town it seems to be about 46mpg but they are never accurate measurements on short journeys.
I'm not finding it quite as comfortable as my Audi A3 as it sways and joggles about more but that is to be expected for any SUV vs a hatchback I guess. Bit more tyre noise as well but nothing too intrusive. I'm six foot and I have to say the seat position and pedals could have been designed better. I like the seat right back with a slight recline but the steering wheel fully out only just lets me reach it so you would have to drive with locked out straight arms. So I come forward a notch and then my right thigh is very slightly unsupported. This is partly because the accelerator pedal is too high and so you have to raise your leg slightly at low speeds. There is also nowhere to put your accelerator foot to the side if you want to stretch or rest it on a long journey. I realise most people wouldn't notice any of this but if you are older with two dodgy knees you would! I would also have liked to be able to put in my own POI's like speed cameras and Nature Reserve locations but otherwise I think the Info system is pretty good although voice recognition is a bit patchy. The Navigation seems to let you either have metric or ridiculously miles and feet !! Surely somebody could have told the French it should be miles and yards.
But despite these gripes I am pretty pleased overall and no faults in the first 700 miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts