Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dynamique Captur S with the 29.9 average MPG problem. No matter how many times I reset it (press and hold button) it only ever goes to 29.9, never beyond.

Have taken it to my local dealership who basically have shaken their heads and have no idea what the issue is.

I haven't booked it in for a service, pointless, as they have to find out from Renault what the issue is.

I see others have had the same problem, so what did your dealership do to fix it? Is it a straightforward ECU 'reboot' or something more complicated?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine goes in next Thursday so I'll tell you Friday, but your experience with the Dealer has me worried.

So where does this leave you? They cant just say "Oh well, hey ho". What are they going to do next?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh don't worry, they won't leave me high and dry, as I will create merry ****. I'll get straight onto Renault too, and give them an earful. Then Trading Standards, and so on. It'll get sorted. That said, I love the car to bits, it's just a shame it is a Renault, 'cos I don't think they are quite there yet with customer service. Wholly unimpressed with the 'service' I got today from the 'service' desk. Hmmm...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Have had the issue just done a 300 miles round trip and still have a 29.9mpg read out I think it's just a software problem. Just waiting for renault to get back to me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have to say, I am suitably impressed with Renault UK! I left a polite "can you help" message on their Facebook page, and this afternoon received a call from their UK Customer Care team. They took full details of the problem, explained what will happen next, and promised to keep me informed of progress. I was assured of a courtesy car if mine needs to go in to the dealership for a day too. I won't find out anything now until at least next Wednesday, so will post again when I have an update.

·
Registered
921 Posts
do keep us in the loop as to how you progress with this issue

Lyn

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mmmmm very interesting.. I have the same problem.!I assumed that because I had only done 130 miles or so it would eventually work out... That doesn't really make sense tho as it gives miles completed and fuel used so a simple calculation should give average mpg....it doesn't tho..
I shall follow this thread with bated breath..! Please post the solution, when you get it..

·
Registered
921 Posts
Halin9 said:
Mmmmm very interesting.. I have the same problem.!I assumed that because I had only done 130 miles or so it would eventually work out... That doesn't really make sense tho as it gives miles completed and fuel used so a simple calculation should give average mpg....it doesn't tho..
I shall follow this thread with bated breath..! Please post the solution, when you get it..

Me too

Lyn

·
Registered
291 Posts
Greg said:
I Have had the issue just done a 300 miles round trip and still have a 29.9mpg read out I think it's just a software problem. Just waiting for renault to get back to me
Did Renault get back to you on this Greg...?
Several owners waiting advice..!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
tx2online said:
I have a Dynamique Captur S with the 29.9 average MPG problem. No matter how many times I reset it (press and hold button) it only ever goes to 29.9, never beyond.

Have taken it to my local dealership who basically have shaken their heads and have no idea what the issue is.

I haven't booked it in for a service, pointless, as they have to find out from Renault what the issue is.

I see others have had the same problem, so what did your dealership do to fix it? Is it a straightforward ECU 'reboot' or something more complicated?

Any news ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
tx2online said:
Well, I have to say, I am suitably impressed with Renault UK! I left a polite "can you help" message on their Facebook page, and this afternoon received a call from their UK Customer Care team. They took full details of the problem, explained what will happen next, and promised to keep me informed of progress. I was assured of a courtesy car if mine needs to go in to the dealership for a day too. I won't find out anything now until at least next Wednesday, so will post again when I have an update.
What happened when you took it in..?
I am still pressing " Customer services ! " for some action......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, here's an update.

After speaking to Renault UK Customer Services Manager (Kelly), she has said Renault are aware of the problem, but at this time, there is no fix.

However, she said, what they are asking owners to do, is take the car to their dealership, explain the issue to the dealership, and for the dealerships to then raise this with Renault Technical.

If the dealership don't, won't or can't, then you MUST phone Renault UK to report not only the problem, but also the dealership.

She said that whilst she appreciates this may inconvenience owners having to take it to the dealership, the dealerships themselves have to ultimately know about the problem, and the more that do, the quicker the issue will be fixed.

So, some good news, even if no timeframe. But at least they have acknowledged it is a fault. As luck would have it, she [Kelly] was explaining to me that two of her colleagues in the office have Captur's and they BOTH have the issue, so it they could see (and explain to technical) first hand what the problem is.

Hope that helps? PLEASE report these faults to Renault. Even though they get a feel for issues via forums, they need REAL people with these faults to come forward.

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/customerservice/

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have spoken to Customer services at least 3 times, latest yesterday.... Every time they denied any knowledge of this problem..! Doesn't give much faith when now someone admits to two members of staff having the same problem..!... Another point,they don't look at the forums even the official Renault one..!
If they now acknowledge the problem, why do we have to keep going to our dealers when there is no fix.. apart from replacing the whole instrument panel, as one member reported..
Beginning to wish I had stayed with Nissan....got very good support from them..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would suggest you speak with Kelly who is (at least her job title suggests she is) the UK Customer Services Manager.

Also post a message to their Facebook Renault UK page, where you will also probably get a response (that's what I did).

Yes, their customer service isn't renowned for being the best, but thus far, they have excelled in how I have been dealt with by them.

These faults are minor niggles, and yes, they shouldn't occur, but I'm always prepared to let someone put something right before I let rip.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Renault have, at last, acknowledged this fault...! It is documented on their weekly newsheet to Dealers yesterday 12May, under Technical Notes. stating that this problem is occurring on some Capturs, and Clios, and that Renault Engineering are looking for a solution....! This remedy will be posted out to Dealers asap..
So get your dealer to log the fault if on your car....
Thank you to everyone who has raised this issue with Renault.... People power does work...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.Captur owner of 4 days now, with the same 29.9 problem. I know it has all been covered in this thread, but I thought I had better add my name as another 'victim' to add weight to the issue. Apart from that i am loving it so far..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Make sure you contact your dealer and/or Renault to register the fault Alan, the more they know about it, hopefully the quicker Renault will deal with it

And welcome...

Edited by: tx2online

·
Registered
921 Posts
AlanG said:
Hi all.Captur owner of 4 days now, with the same 29.9 problem. I know it has all been covered in this thread, but I thought I had better add my name as another 'victim' to add weight to the issue. Apart from that i am loving it so far..

Welcome Alan

HAPPY motoring in your wonderful new Captur
What colour did you go for

Nice to see your not to far away

·
Registered
291 Posts
Now it is getting interesting..... On the My Renault Forum, a member who only took her car in for the 29.9 issue, on Tuesday, has had an email from her Dealer today saying that Renault Technical have advised them that the solution is a new instrument panel..!!!
Guess there is going to be a big waiting list..! No prizes for guessing who is top of the list...lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts