Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 1 - folk were out admiring the car. So unusual. So different. So new.

Day 2....
the unthinkable has happened......

I'm too distressed to carry on working, I'll have to go home.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car on the left is in the visitors parking, so I'm hoping this is just a one-off, otherwise I might have to find a new job.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
In 1985, when the average age of a new Honda buyer was 60-something (and I was in my 20's) I bought this

They were so few and far apart that whenever I saw another one I waved at the driver, and almost always got a wave back. (The Rover 213 wheeltrims transformed the look of the car). If only Honda made a modern equivalent, I'd have gone straight out and bought one (instead of the Scenic, and instead of the Captur). This purchase was also blighted by long delivery delays, due to the "Gentleman's agreement" that restricted sales of Japanese cars to less than 10% of the UK total. Even so, I didn't have to wait as long as the 20 weeks for a Captur. However at least I knew before I ordered it that I was in for a long wait (around 12 weeks, IIRC) and it was ordered for the new reg letter on 1st August

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
104 Posts
IvorETower said:
In 1985, when the average age of a new Honda buyer was 60-something (and I was in my 20's) I bought this

They were so few and far apart that whenever I saw another one I waved at the driver, and almost always got a wave back. (The Rover 213 wheeltrims transformed the look of the car). If only Honda made a modern equivalent, I'd have gone straight out and bought one (instead of the Scenic, and instead of the Captur). This purchase was also blighted by long delivery delays, due to the "Gentleman's agreement" that restricted sales of Japanese cars to less than 10% of the UK total. Even so, I didn't have to wait as long as the 20 weeks for a Captur. However at least I knew before I ordered it that I was in for a long wait (around 12 weeks, IIRC) and it was ordered for the new reg letter on 1st August
had a talking Austin Maestro back then........THE SHAME

1 - 11 of 11 Posts