Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly a big thank you to everyone that contributes to these forums - has been a fantastic source of information.

Was all set to sign onto the 3 month waiting list but managed to find the exact colour we wanted (oyster grey with black roof) all ready to go with only 145 miles on the clock (had been used previously for test drives).

Was originally planning on only going for the medianav but managed to get the 'S' model at a great price.

I pick it up on Monday - can't wait.

·
Registered
921 Posts
welcomeAnd we'll done and what a great choice of colour

Like you mine was used for test drives and had just done 95 miles

Enjoy your lovely New car
HAPPY motoring

Lyn

·
Registered
921 Posts
Capturman_Peter said:
Hey JD

Well done
- where did you get it?

Try Cedar Motors Barwell small independent they should b e able t get you a pre reg

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not a happy bunny, just had an email putting my expected delivery date back to 1st september. Car was ordered on 23rd March, i'm now extremely frustrated as the delay is being blamed on production problems at the factory. does anyone have any idea's what these may be???

·
Registered
279 Posts
simbar34 said:
I'm not a happy bunny, just had an email putting my expected delivery date back to 1st september. Car was ordered on 23rd March, i'm now extremely frustrated as the delay is being blamed on production problems at the factory. does anyone have any idea's what these may be???
Hello Simbar

Put simply, Renault cannot make these cars fast enough. They have seriously underestimated demand. I understand all the UK build slots are now full until September - I rang round a couple of dealers and was told that September probably means October for delivery but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Been to look at a Ka today as a stop-gap until the Captur arrives. Offered a deal on an in-stock model; if I'd said yes today, I could have collected it on Tuesday or Wednesday which goes to show that a quick registration process is possible. Wifey would have to use Ka until the Captur arrives, at which point the Ka becomes my "toy" for the next 2 years. Will be a financial stretch but I'm sorely tempted

·
Registered
921 Posts
Capturman_Peter said:
JD1104 said:
Got it from Motorline in Ashford.
Thanks, JD

That's bit of a trek for me - glad you got your car that quickly

Worth a phone call or trip to get what you want Leicester is possibly nearer

·
Registered
921 Posts
Capturman_Peter said:
Hello Lyn

I've been looking - I hope to have some good news next week....
Keep us posted and fingers and toes crossed for you !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the team .. hope you collect it ok

·
Registered
97 Posts
simbar34 said:

As others have stated, Renault simply underestimated how desirable the car is/has become. I get a phone call from Holden Renault in Norwich every 2 weeks and we often have a little chit chat about it and they're quite upfront about the availability of it - unfortunately it's one of those things which will take time to A) build and B) correct for the long term.

I would however take the lead times with a pinch of salt.I ordered my Captur on the 5th April and will be getting it on 27th June (I just had a call to say it's in Southampton) but they were aiming for end of July/August originally.

To add further salt into Renault Captur owners wounds, my step father just PX'ed his BMW 5 Series (2011) for a new 3 Series GT - order taken by BMW 3 weeks ago if I remember correctly, delivery estimated around 2nd week of July! When I put this to the sales person at Holden his comments were "Got to love German efficiency!".

·
Registered
921 Posts
Nobody is buying BMW
They have fields full of stock apparently !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts