Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so glad i found you all.
I have a 2017 renault captur 1.2 auto petrol and she has (till today), been the most reliable car ive ever had.

However today she has come up with check stop start and check vehicle. With the service light (she has had her service and mot) and the engine management light on.

I admit i dont do much mileage, but ive never had this problem before. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, as she is under warrantt.

But wonder if ya'll had any ideas.

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Evening Lea

Sorry to hear of your issues, though pleasing to know you have had no issues until this point.
The very first thing to check is the condition of your battery. This forum is full of threads about how poor battery health can affect the car, not least with the display of various warning lights, and if you don't so many miles, it is likely the battery is not getting recharged sufficiently and is become "flat".

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks like the dreaded atrocious battery issues which seem to plague the Captur.
Renault OEM batteries were Ex**e and suffered from build quality issues which was well documented.
Is the battery brand Ex**e
If so get it checked and better still replaced under warranty.
I know this from personal experience that it is a lottery to get the battery replaced under warranty from Renault in UK.
Woeful customer servcie but others have no problems..
Again read the many previous threads on this same issue
hope this helps
Stay Safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts