Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car insurance renewal letter arrived last week from Co Op. Last years price £311.55p,this years price £411.11p. Gave them a ring to find out why the big increase and to ask why,when I go on their website and put in exactly the same details,the price is £289.
Was told it was because I must have had an accident and made a claim in the last twelve months. Nope. Then told it must be because where I live must have become a crime hotspot. Nope. Then was told it must be because my car has become the car of choice for organised car theft gangs. Er,nope.
It was cheaper online,because,apparently,I would be classed as a new customer,even though I was with them the last year, and entitled to several discounts that are not available to existing customers.
Wife is with the Co Op,her insurance went up £24 this year,around 12% increase.
Time to shop around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
With direct line and they try this every year.
Bottom line (though never done, is to cancel and take a new policy with them - they actually told me to do that 10years or so ago!)
I get out through to a retention dept now and they give me the new customer rate every time now...👍

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Insurance for my Fiesta was set to rise by over £200 (from around £330) at the end of this month. Removing my wife from the policy actually resulted in it falling to just over £300

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been having a look on Quotezone,best price Agaes,£253 and Moneysupermarket,best price Sainsburys £262. Phoned both insurance companies and asked if quote shown was what I would actually pay. I was told by both to get a quote directly from their own website,did that. Agaes £311,Sainsburys £448!!!! Bit of a minefield these comparison sites.
Interesting Ivor removing his wife from policy making it cheaper,I was told by Co Op that having a named driver made it cheaper as the driving could be shared on long journeys,making it safer. I foolishly have been believing that for several years. Going to try quotes without Mrs Baldy included. Thinking about it now,makes sense it would be more expensive as you are insuring the car for two people.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting,leaving Mrs Baldy off only made price £20 less with the Co op. Save £124 by being a "new customer". It seems existing customers are ripe for fleecing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just done this was with AA £311 last yr, £370 this yr gone to Sainsburys £246 + breakdown = £310 no brainer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts