Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched it this morning, couldnt believe they compared the Captur with the Clio, even Renault dont do that and they make them. They could'nt even work the ventilation ducts saying that the Captur was the only car they knew were this wa'snt possible. They said it rolled more than the Clio, yes because its taller. They mentioned it was slower than the Clio because its heavier. They mentioned the seat covers but not the split level adjustable sliding boot capacity. They also didnt mention the zero rated road tax or 62mpg on the model they tested.
They did give it a reasonable score 28/40 and did like its looks.

Why it wasnt compared with the Peugot 2008, the Juke or the Ecosport I'll never know. It was a waste of time and poor automotive journalism.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Just what I said about Whatcar and its biased views!
I have read car mags for decades and keep abreast of what is going on in the car world and there has always been an anti French car bias when it comes to run of the mill, everyday cars; generally Fords have always come out on top even though the engines generally haven't been up to scratch, build is a bit suspect and they have a hard ride, they come out on top as they handle better; just what you need when ferrying the kids to school or popping to Sainsburys.

It is infuriating.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That point of view was put to sleep by the What Car tester when he came onto the forum...I tended to believe him!!
Haven't seen the comparison you talk about, but I would say it was pretty useless if it was comparing it to a Clio....as the car was made for a 'new market sector'...
We have the cars...we know what they're like...but it's not doing Renault sales much good!!! Maybe those who are waiting will get them quicker if sale demand is slower!!!!?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I watched this fifth gear review on the captur too.

They always have to have something bad to say about a car.

Just out of curiosity the vents on the captur. They do move up and down and not just side to side? A silly question I know!

·
Registered
209 Posts
mole320 said:
Just out of curiosity the vents on the captur. They do move up and down and not just side to side? A silly question I know!
Er, no, they don't appear to. They will move up to the horizontal position in the process of opening but not any higher. They do however appear to swivel left and right. Edited by: Perusal

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mole320 said:
I watched this fifth gear review on the captur too.

They always have to have something bad to say about a car.

In my medianav dynamique the vents move left to right and the little wheel underneath opens and closes the louvres.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I missed it... its now on the discovery channel if anyone who missed it like myself it gets repeated in a couple of days time. Look forward to seeing it.
meterman_56

·
Registered
209 Posts
meterman_56 said:
I missed it... its now on the discovery channel if anyone who missed it like myself it gets repeated in a couple of days time. Look forward to seeing it.
meterman_56
Don't get too excited. The manner of the test is nothing to write home about. Pretty poor really.

Last night they tested the Vauxhall Adam. They took it onto a test track with a heavily cobbled section where they admitted the top speed was 40 mph (from memory). Tiff Needell then did his lunatic impersonation and took it up to 50+ and complained when he ripped a tyre sidewall open. Idiot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts