Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<div id="LCS_FE1DEEEA_DB6D_44b8_83F0_34FC0F9D1052_communicationDiv">
Just come across the owners club so decided to join even though I'm not an owner yet!
As with everyone else,seem to be waiting ages to take delivery.Up to nearly 9 weeks but this doesn't seem an age compared to some of the comments I've seen on here.
I just hope the wait will be worth it (and yes I will be checking the number plate fixings,steering column audio controls,wipers etc etc etc)........

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Already an expert and you've only just joined....impressive!!
9 weeks is short in Captur teritory....
The wait is worth it though!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
<div align="left">I think 12 - 14 weeks is pretty standard if you're specifying extras...so frankly 20 weeks with the delivery shambles does not surprise me!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ironically, I've just got off the phone from the dealer - I have a 17 week wait. It's a good thing that my missus isn't due until September and I have a nice level of patience.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
They're beginning to anticipate delivery problems...mark my words, if they sort that out they will come forward and will get a pat on the back instead of giving you early promises and breaking them!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
If he brings it forward and makes himself look good, I'm all for it - I'll have my car!As I said to the dealer manager last Saturday, if it's late, simply let me know as I know what manufacturing is like and it's never black and white.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I worked at the Jaguar/Landrover plant at Halewood for donkeys years & they used to reckon a finished car comes off the lines every 5 minutes...thats a **** of a lot of cars per week..where are they?? The wait at the dealership does sound excessive..I realise they have to come from Spain but even so 20 weeks..ridiculous. My Captur was already built ready to be shipped a bog standard Tce90 Medianav..it even had a spare wheel..3 weeks from ordering I was driving it.. I sympathise with all who are twiddling their thumbs waiting..Guys...its worth the wait!!!!
meterman_56

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
lor said:
IvorETower said:
9 weeks is amazingly short; I'm into week 6 of 20 :-(

What on earth are you getting in your Captur? Gold leaf? 20 weeks is madness ... MADNESS!!

No gold, just auto transmission (EDC), 2 tone paint and space-saver spare. The protection pack will apparently be fitted at the UK import facility

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
GREAT choice! The auto box is well worth the extra wait! Take it from me that you won't mind waiting for that...it's a dream!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
The wait will only be worth it if I don't have to fork out for any repairs on the Scenic before the Captur arrives. I don't think that Renault UK understand that private customers so not usually allow up to 5 months for a new car to arrive once ordered. Maybe those lucky enough to have a company car have plenty of warning that their vehicle is coming up for change. But for some of us, we look at mounting bills, impending work and think "it's time for a change; I'd like something in a month or two"

·
Registered
863 Posts
when I ordered mine I was told ten weeks.luckily after about seven I was told it was at the dealers.went to collect and no chrome pack fitted.so they said I had to book it in when chrome pack was delivered.next I went back (a) washers did not come 3 inches up the screen was told that they could not be adjusted as Renault said the wind and the wipers would take the water up the screen.(b) told them that the back number plate had started to craze on the letters they said they had never seen this before and put a new number plate on the back.apart from that fine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, they can ...and the dealer should get his finger out...because they are not exactly robust...so let them play around with them...All Capturs seem to set up with the washers aimed low...but it's a matter of preference and convenience .. inconvenience if they don't sort it first time for you umfortunately!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts