1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello~

Actually this forum is my first place to talk with foreginer online..;;

Sorry for my poor English,

I am living in Korea (South), and waiting captur for the last 1 month.

Now, Korea has only limited quantity to import compared high demands..

The reason I found this kind of website is.. because of crack.

Many people bought captur(Korean name is QM3) are suffering from glass crack.

I was wondering that if captur also has same problem like us.

Anyhow, nice to join Big Captur Owner Forum!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
If it is the windscreen around the central mirror fitting I have heard of it!!

I cant remember who it was whos Captur had it but Im sure it wasnt a UK car! Also heard of bubbles inside the same area!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It happened to my capture 3weeks ago, then dealer has fixed the mirror and filled the crack in the glass but I am waiting for a new mirror so they can replace it.Initially Renault said they wouldn't replace it as the glass is only covered by 3m warranty but after some gentle negotiation and explaining that my wifes Clio is due to be changed in January and the outcome of this would reflect on our next purchase they agreed to cover it for free :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy to hear that UK car sounds no problem!
It's interesting because All Captur is made in Spain(As far as I know), but technical problem is occuring depends on the contury which imports!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have wise wife!
In Korea also, at first Renault doesn't want to replace the wide glass for free..
But more glass broken, they are starting to change the defected glass without charge.
I saw a guy who changes his glass 3 times!!
Maybe that replacement cost would be higher than I expected.
If there's no problem after changing the glass(& mirror), that's nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Hello Marrium.
Is the Captur sold as a Samsung in Korea?
Renault sold the Koleos in the UK for a short time, but that was a Samusng model that was just re-badged as a Renault.

Is the glass cracking from one edge or from from where the interior mirror is stuck to it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote...lIs the Captur sold as a Samsung in Korea?
Renault sold the Koleos in the UK for a short time, but that was a Samusng model that was just re-badged as a Renault....quote

I didn't know that..! I rather liked the Koleos, almost bought one.....glad I didn't though as it was discontinued..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts