Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a keen amateur photographer, I was out on the Sussex Downs this evening getting some sunset shots. On returning to the car, I took a quick snap, but am very pleased how it turned out.

It's a Dynamique S

Edited by: tx2online

·
Registered
924 Posts
I like the way the eye is trained from the top third left down to the right, and the road leading off into the distance. Linking the car with its environment. There is a circular feel to the image with the clouds returning the eye to the subject.
The wet surroundings and especially the puddle of water (with the reflection)bindsthe ruggedcrossover feel to the subject. I think the horizon cutting almost, but not quite through the centre of the image weakens the overall strength of the view. As does the horizon cutting into the roof of the car. A lower view point would have strengthened the impact by raising the horizon, as well as foreshortening the foreground. To finish, a little lightening of the subject would be useful.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was only a quick snap! My feet were soaking wet from the dew on the grass, and I just wanted to get home. But yes, thanks for the critique - I will, at some point when the light is good, take some better shots of the car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its funny how wet feet saps the concentration.

Photography is not all models and warm studios. More often than not it is long walks, with heavy kit. Followed by long waits, patience and a little luck. HUMM, sounds like fishing to me.

Sometimes its the last shot of the session that is the most pleasing. Maybe its the thought of finishing. Photography is all about expressing the context. That is,conveying what the image does not show, but suggests. That's the challengeto the photographer.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is certainly something I am going to get some really good shots of. It's a very photogenic car is the Captur, having some fantastic curves which really bounce the light. Looking forward to some decent, warm (and dry) evenings to get out and have another go.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love it tx2.. very vibrant photo..Love the symbolism with the signpost.."Where shall we head for now??" Very clever. A quick "snap" Cant wait to see your effort when you've taken a bit of time and planned your composition!!
Well done.
meterman_56

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eek! Not yet folks, but soon.... I promise. I'm just a guy with a camera, and this really was a "nice sky, parked car" picture kind of moment. No planning, honest. No commercial interest as far as I am concerned for any of my 'stuff' - I just take photos and publish 'em how I kind of saw it at the time. Humbled by your kind comments.

Shameless plug though - here is some more of what I doon Flickr

·
Registered
97 Posts
No harm in a shameless plug when your photos are that good - kudos to you sir. Some of them would make for a brilliant piece on a wall - especially if done as a Perspex print.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts