Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is how my car's come back from a repair workshop and hardly surprisingly I'm fuming. I know it's a stain, because it's certainly not been there before in 7 months of ownership and regular cleaning. Could it be an aerosol? Or a pattern from a dustsheet, transferred somehow onto my upholstery?

Ever seen anything like it before?

And how in tarnation do you remove the seat covers when the zipper doesn't run all the way along the front edge of the back seat?

Jeez Louise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is that some sort of spray on, brush out product?

I confess myself entirely baffled by how I'm supposed to remove the seat cover and wash it. Has any one here present ever succeeded in detaching the entire rear seat cover and putting it in a washing machine? If not, then what exactly are the zippers for? I just don't get it. (But then again, I am an elderly bearded fish-finger-abusing seafarer.)

·
Registered
836 Posts
First question Yes it's a spray on and a good rub in left to dry then hoover off
Try this link for removal, very easy to follow just allow three weeks!!

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
Not washed them but done a trial remove and refit. If you do need to wash them, the zipper should go fully rounsd and enable you to unstretch the cover a little to remove it.
Once washed, stretch a little to ensure that it does not shrink as it dries out, and for same reason re-fit to car as soon as it feels dry

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ivor, Baldyman & Dick - my thanks for your thoughts.

Baldy, it may well be a clean line....so does that mean that everything except the stripe is dirty? Heaven only knows what goes on in car workshops: I'd begun to think that somebody's kid had run some sort of a small roller all over the back seat when the technicians' backs were turned. I've not even dreamed of tackling the mark myself in case it's some kind of solvent and I end up making it even worse. You may well be right though.

Dick and Ivor, my brain is severely challenged by Picture A in the removal instructions, unless all it shows is the cover being peeled downwards and forwards. As for removing the covers entirely, I'll have to stare long and hard at my seats and see if the penny eventually drops. It was never like this with my old Peugeot 205 back in 1908; this new fangledy seatcover technology is definitely the work of Satan. What's wrong with wooden seats, eh?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ebenezer,without meaning to cause offence,your seats do look very dusty. Look at the seatbelt holders,they too are covered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts