Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the M3 earlier this week, a Koleos and a Captur... both very rare sightings on their own:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Never heard of the Koleos before. Can you buy from new in the UK. Certainly not on show in my local Renault dealership.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Did the Captur have a black roof and can you remember the reg as it may well be our demo, one of the staff who has access to it sometimes goes on the M3 to and from work.

Koleos was a massive flop in the UK, it came out at precisely the wrong time; 2009 recession, and competed against already established players in the market, it isn't actually a bad car it just should not have been released here. Edited by: HTP99

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HTP99 said:
Did the Captur have a black roof and can you remember the reg
It was all-Arizona heading south. Reg plateis a bit blurry as this is a 100% enlargement from the overall photo from my car-cam set-up, and the sun's glinting off it !
H (something) 63 (something) (something) (something)

That narrows it down a bit !

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capturman_Peter said:
Ivor

Who did your car cam?
Me!

Fuji point and shoot with rear on/off button rather than the more usual top mounted one, and a high suction camera mount from a local camera shop

·
Registered
921 Posts
intrigued as to why you have a camera ?
Edited by: LynG

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In case I see unusual cars, reg plates etc

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got a GoPro mounted on my dashboard. It records my MPH and location and god forbid if I ever had an accident it would show the road in front footage and might help in any insurance claim.

·
Registered
279 Posts
LisaH said:
I've got a GoPro mounted on my dashboard. It records my MPH and location and god forbid if I ever had an accident it would show the road in front footage and might help in any insurance claim.
That's the reason I am interested in one. Don't think my DIY skills run to fitting one myself.

Back to the original topic - a former workmate of mine had a Koleos. He reckoned it was the best thing for towing a caravan that he had ever found.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts