Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renault Captur PHEV. Suggestions tells me Activate Software Update. Press it and the message goes away. That's how it works on my phone and other devices. Nothing happens. Has it activated the update? Don't know. Is there somewhere else to go to activate it? Don't know. Settings? Can't find it. I give in. Where do I go to activate a software update?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
266 Posts
I think mine had a yes/no option to press. Can't remember exactly but it was intuitive. It said something about not turning off for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you use the programmer for timing your charging, check that it hasn't reset to "immediate charge" after the software update - mine did.
The sat nav has started to misbehave now, although it worked a few times since the update so it may be (yet) another problem. It won't calculate a route when a previous destination is selected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did my update last weekend you can check the status in set up. Since the update the car has been suffering dementia. It is set to programme charge at night, green timer light is on, app says custom charge but now it charges when it's plugged in no matter what the time is The satnav offers UK map updates every day but there isn't one, and you have to confirm selection. Today fully charged battery would not let me select EV Pure mode, message was that mode is not available at present. Its reassuring to read on here that every car has a quirk of some sort.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Maps say they are dated 2019. My software updates says up to date 05/05/22. Is this a mismatch? Does it include the maps? Is this what it means when it keeps telling me to "activate" the software update, eg downloaded but not "activated"? Mysterious. Renault Captur PHEV 2021.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did my update last weekend you can check the status in set up. Since the update the car has been suffering dementia. It is set to programme charge at night, green timer light is on, app says custom charge but now it charges when it's plugged in no matter what the time is The satnav offers UK map updates every day but there isn't one, and you have to confirm selection. Today fully charged battery would not let me select EV Pure mode, message was that mode is not available at present. Its reassuring to read on here that every car has a quirk of some sort.
Apart from a few lost settings mine has been "normal".

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Maps say they are dated 2019. My software updates says up to date 05/05/22. Is this a mismatch? Does it include the maps? Is this what it means when it keeps telling me to "activate" the software update, eg downloaded but not "activated"? Mysterious. Renault Captur PHEV 2021.
My maps are 2021 from the previous update. I don't think there was a map update for the last update. This is the "activate" screen but I've no idea how you do it so I'll send the photo to "an insider" to see if he knows.
Rectangle Font Material property Gadget Gas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mystifyingly, the car today starting downloading an update (to the maps I guess?) despite me doing nothing obvious. I went into Nav and opened the UK maps is all, but I've done that before. Anyway, it is now saying Updating. 

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
%Q4}42}}⁰
Mystifyingly, the car today starting downloading an update (to the maps I guess?) despite me doing nothing obvious. I went into Nav and opened the UK maps is all, but I've done that before. Anyway, it is now saying Updating. 
And now it is downloading another
Hand Product Gesture Gadget Font
²

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finished now and maps updated. Quite why it told me I need to "activate" the update without telling me how to do so, and then downloaded and updated the maps a week later, I don't quite know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts