Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have bought an aftermarket Chinese Android Head Unit for my 2013 Captur. So far everything is working correctly, except the Steering Wheel Controls. With the Head Unit I have received a CANBUS Decoder:

I have gone to the factory settings of the device and tried different combinations of CANBUS Protocols, but it looks like none of them work.

Does anyone have any tips?

Some bonus pics. Before:

After:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I know nothing about these but am researching options and have read that some are only sold as replacements for medianav systems. Some problem with the steering wheel controls. Have you contacted the seller. Looks very impressive though - can you post the link?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, just realized it's still waiting moderator approval. It should be visible soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello cdemi,
I also have just received an Alibaba-sourced Android 10 head unit and have exactly the same issue as you had with no lugs on the back of their supplied fascia unit to hold the A/C unit. How did you end up resolving that issue?
I have not tried to install the unit yet until I figure out the fascia issue.
Secondly, the factory wiring harness on the left-hand side of the Renault original unit has many more wires into it than the Chinese harness can offer. Did you find the same? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello cdemi,
I also have just received an Alibaba-sourced Android 10 head unit and have exactly the same issue as you had with no lugs on the back of their supplied fascia unit to hold the A/C unit. How did you end up resolving that issue?
I have not tried to install the unit yet until I figure out the fascia issue.
Secondly, the factory wiring harness on the left-hand side of the Renault original unit has many more wires into it than the Chinese harness can offer. Did you find the same? Thanks
I ended up gluing some small wood pieces to the back of the faceplate so I could drill the AC screws in it. So far that works!

With regards to the wiring harness, if I recall correctly I used all of the original wiring. I don't think I had any disconnected left

·
Registered
328 Posts
I ended up gluing some small wood pieces to the back of the faceplate so I could drill the AC screws in it. So far that works!

With regards to the wiring harness, if I recall correctly I used all of the original wiring. I don't think I had any disconnected left
Hi I have a similar unit and in factory settings there should be a key settings for the steering wheel volume etc. Failing that you could get a conect2 adaptor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a similar unit and in factory settings there should be a key settings for the steering wheel volume etc. Failing that you could get a conect2 adaptor
thanks, I also used strong silicon adhesive to glue 4 pieces of wood to the fascia, and it appears to hold well so far. One other question, did you have an issue with the reverse camera not initially working?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts