Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just realised that to turn your air/con off, the red light needs to be on, seems I have been driving with it on all the time. See if the petrol consumption improves. ( climate control system )

·
Registered
921 Posts
jonjohn said:
Just realised that to turn your air/con off, the red light needs to be on, seems I have been driving with it on all the time. See if the petrol consumption improves. ( climate control system )

Mm Jon John
I'm confused yes I'm a female so easily confused and blonde lol lo

·
Registered
924 Posts
With climate control you have to actively prevent it doing its job. The A/C will only kick in if the car temperature or the atmosphere demand it. So its OK to leave it on. If you have ECO it will turn down the power of the A/C and the blower anyway. You can always turn off the ECO if you want a boost from your climate control.
I had climate control on my Espace it works very well. So once I set a temperature for the cabin, I leave it alone and let the car computer sort it out.

Don't forget that the climate control will also turn on the air recycling too, if necessary.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Climate Control, yes if you have pressed auto switch button on it controls whether the a/c is on or off dependant on the temperature you select, if you press any of the buttons or dial it turns the auto modeoff, thus a/c might be on it might not, the only way to turn a/c off is to press the a/c button till the red light is on, or turn the blowerdial till the red light is on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
now now Lyng don't put yourself down you are after all our media nav expert
, luckily im not close enough for you to slap lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
graham59 said:
now now Lyng don't put yourself down you are after all our media nav expert
, luckily im not close enough for you to slap lol

Graham that is very kind of you to say and made me smile well laugh actually media nav expert LoL lol lol
And for once I am pleased Scotland is a fair distance away lol

Maybe I should read the thread again.

Lyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts