Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few folk expressing concern over the climate control not putting out enough cold air to bring the cabin temperature down. I took mine to the dealer as, during the hot weather, there was no perceptible difference between the air coming out of the vents and air outside if you opened the window. If anything the vent air seemed a little warm! Even when the thermostat dial was turned to minimum.
The dealers regassed the system and hey presto, my Captur is as good as any car for chucking out cold air now. Climate control now takes a matter of minutes to bring the cabin temperature down and then goes into maintain mode.
If you're having the issue of no cold air take yours to regassed under warranty

·
Registered
11 Posts
We noticed that on ours aircon on the air was certainly not cold at coldest setting we had baby on board trying to cool car for her as 23 outside. Min setting on dial is 18 handbook says min 18 degrees how on earth can 18 degrees bee cool Renault must sell these cars in South of France how on earth do they keep them cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Resolved airconissues Aircon button when red light is on aircon is off when light is off aircon on, turn temp to notch below 18 gets cold.
Every other car owned has aircon light on aircon on light off aircon off. Renault not logical

·
Registered
924 Posts
The system on the Captur is a climate control. This is different from a simple A/C system. Generally there is no need to touch the A/C off button, unlike traditional A/C systems. This is because the air temperature in the car is monitored and adjusted accordingly be the climate control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts