Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends
I have an annoying problem in my car.
I want to always isolate external atmosphere with recirculation button.
But this function is deactivated by default, it means that every time you turn on the car you should activate it manually, even at this status it will become deactivated shortly.
Can anyone solve the problem?
Best regards

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
You have to have recirculate off by default otherwise you will suffocate when you drive - no fresh air coming in means that as you breathe, you use up the supply of oxygen in the cabin.

I try hard to never use recirculation - the few times I do are usually when stuck behind an old bus or truck that is pumping out visibly black exhaust gases

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to have recirculate off by default otherwise you will suffocate when you drive - no fresh air coming in means that as you breathe, you use up the supply of oxygen in the cabin.

I try hard to never use recirculation - the few times I do are usually when stuck behind an old bus or truck that is pumping out visibly black exhaust gases
Thanks alot
But i don't want to use fresh air, because there is no fresh air in my city, the external air is always polluted.
Regards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most (probably all) cars nowadays are designed to default to a position with the recirculation off. This is to ensure that the passenger cabin air is changed frequently. Not much you can do about it if you live in a polluted city other than keeping the cabin air filter clean. Unfortunately, whilst you are trying to keep the outside polluted air out of the car it might still be healthier than the air inside the car (which is probably no different) being constantly recirculated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts