Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm new here so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have a 2017 Renault Captur, 1.5 Dci diesel

I had a small accident last week and there is a leak coming from the left hand side radiator at the front of the car (the small one), it's coming from the black plastic casing which fits into the top of that radiator it is visible from the hole left by removing my driver's side Headlight. It's my understanding that this rad is for my Aircon, but I'm a little confused about what that part actually is (heat exchange, radiator or intercooler?)

I have it booked into a garage for it to be replaced but the garage are having trouble finding the part, and I'm concerned that the part which they are looking for isn't the one that I actually need as I have found a few around where I live.

Finally, in the accident I also shattered the Aircon intake box - does anyone have any ideas about where I can find one of these?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
Left-hand side radiator? I thought that the a/c condenser was about the same width as the water radiator. Are you sure it's not the intercooler that has been damaged? Have you noticed any loss of power?

Aircon intake box - do you mean the air intake for the heater/fan matrix? If you don't want to buy new from a dealer, try the breakers' yards... many have online sites where you can request a quote for the part you are after

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left-hand side radiator? I thought that the a/c condenser was about the same width as the water radiator. Are you sure it's not the intercooler that has been damaged? Have you noticed any loss of power?

Aircon intake box - do you mean the air intake for the heater/fan matrix? If you don't want to buy new from a dealer, try the breakers' yards... many have online sites where you can request a quote for the part you are after
It's the radiator on the driver's side of the car, it's about half the width of the bigger radiator.

There's a black cap on the top of it, and it's that which is leaking. It could be the intercooler, I'm not sure of the 'proper' name for it.

There are two intakes Infront if the bigger rad, but it's the square one behind the lower portion of the bumper that has broken, I'll have a look and see if I can find it on any breakers yards, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts