Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a rainy day and outside was pretty cold. So, mist formed on mywindshield as expected.De-mistfast button pushed - in couple of seconds problem was gone. So, I set the air to a colder value but higher than outside. (Ex. outside 15 deg. Celsius set the air to 18 deg. Celsius) Surprise! Mist formed again in matter of minutes. I, then set the air on manual t blow all the air in the windscreen (arrow up pressed) Surprise again. The mist got thicker. It was almost impossible for me to see.Luckilyit was heavy traffic and I was going very slow. Pressed instantly the fast de-mist button and problem solved again. Then it hit me: the car uses thepollutionsensorwhether the AC is on or off or set on automatically or manual. So, because the heavy traffic, the pollution readings were high so, in order to create clean air inside, the car closed the outside air admission and mist formed on the windows as expected in such conditions. I've tried to open the windows but the rain started to fall in. And the one thing I HATE about Captur is the plastic used. It get so easy and so fast dirty! Every single fingerprint is more than visible. I've tried special cleaning wipes (found on a car beauty shop). They turned to be more than useless, they did worse. But I can live with that.I cannot live with mist on my windows instead. Anybody found asolutionto this matter except running on fast demist all the time?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
A sad story! After 10 months we've had no probs with a/c. The issue regarding the dash has come up time and time again. I think it's really easy to keep clean with simply a yellow duster (not a Dacia Duster). What's all the moaning about guys??????

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
Plastics used inside a car do, I believe, give off an emulsifier that sticks to the windscreen and forms a thin, oily film/covering, particularly noticeable when the car is new. The inside of the screen needs to be cleaned regularly with a proper glass-cleaner that will cut through this oil-based film; the film aids the build-up of mist on the inside of the screen.
Have you cleaned the inside of your windscreen thoroughly in the past few days?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope! Tried dry, wet, paper, cotton,synthetic... All kind of cleaning methods. The plastic just get dirty faster than I can clean it. I will buy surgery gloves and ask everyone that get in the car to wear them.
Seem to me the only solution.

The mist problem is the one that bother me. And I can't find any solution but to turn the AC offcompletelyor keep the fast demist function on all time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK, this may or may not help but.......a few years back I was driving down the M4 when all of a sudden and for no immediately apparent reason my windscreen misted up. To cut a long story short the heater matrix (where the air passes over the heating/cooling elements) had sprung a major leak and all the air conditioning fluid was being deposited across the inside of the windscreen.

What you describe certainly doesn't sound anywhere near so severe but I do wonder if you have a tiny leak somewhere. Might be worth getting the dealer to pressure test your system to make sure you haven't got a pin -hole sized leak which is depositing just enough chemical on the windscreen to be a nuisance,

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know in mine, if the Eco button is pressed, which reduces the performance of the Air Conditioning, I can sometimes have this problem.
Turning "Eco" off solves it...

Might help?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perusal said:
OK, this may or may not help but.......a few years back I was driving down the M4 when all of a sudden and for no immediately apparent reason my windscreen misted up. To cut a long story short the heater matrix (where the air passes over the heating/cooling elements) had sprung a major leak and all the air conditioning fluid was being deposited across the inside of the windscreen.

What you describe certainly doesn't sound anywhere near so severe but I do wonder if you have a tiny leak somewhere. Might be worth getting the dealer to pressure test your system to make sure you haven't got a pin -hole sized leak which is depositing just enough chemical on the windscreen to be a nuisance,

I don't want to think that far... But I'm afraid that's a possibility also. I'll check the pressure as soon as I get there. I can check this other way. Because the weather man said that the weather will get hotter and without rain over the next period, I will let it like this. If there is a leak, the pressure in the AC will drop in time therefore the cooling capabilities of it will get lower in time. If there is a change, it means that you were right. But if it isn't...
In the mean time, I will try whatthecookster suggested. I don't remember if my ECO drive mode was on or off so, next time I will look for it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Final verdict: ECO mode was to blame. Today, same weather conditions, with ECO mode OFF. no mist whatsoever. Good to know!

·
Registered
924 Posts
geodor said:
Final verdict: ECO mode was to blame. Today, same weather conditions, with ECO mode OFF. no mist whatsoever. Good to know!
Geodor, you could be correct. The ECO does slow down the A/C and fan systems, as well as altering the engine power profile.

If you click ECO on and off when the A/C is running you may be able to detect the difference in sound from the fan.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing though... I was alone in the car this morning. When I've had the mist problem there were 3 people in the car so the breathing air was more loaded with watervapors. I will investigate furthermore.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I too have had the mist problem. Last evening. Had to put the max demist on to clear it. I was running on ECO at the time and I thought the air con would not be running, as the air temp and the car temp were not that different.
The misting seems to come out of nowhere, and takes longer to clear than to arrive. Lucky I had the satnav fixed, otherwise I might have turned down the wrong street.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Confirm solution. ECO is notrecommended in bad weather because it causes mist problems on windows. Even so, sometimes, is recommended to use manual AC settings by redirecting airflow to the upwards, to the windscreen. In addition, whenever is necessary, side air vent must be set to blow on the side windows, the central air vents can be closed and the AC set to blow upwards AND in front. (upper position and middle one).

No matter the settings you made, the ECO MUST BE OFF!

This was tested on Captur with R-Link and automatic air con system. So, for those with manual air conditioning system there can be other settings.

Edited by: geodor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renault Captur Coolant leak problem

My Renault Captur constantly leaked out Collant fluid. I had the thermostat replaced last October and the following morning all coolant was on the floor. Took it back to Kwik fit and they couldn't find why it was leaking. Having a similar problem right now. Is there another Captur owner out there having a similar problem?

Any suggestion on how to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes. A proper garage pressure check should find the source of the leak... we had this done on our old Scenic a few months before ordering the Captur. It was losing coolant but there was no obvious sign of a leak. A pressure test revealed a very small crack in the thermostat housing was to blame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today was a rainy day and outside was pretty cold. So, mist formed on mywindshield as expected.De-mistfast button pushed - in couple of seconds problem was gone. So, I set the air to a colder value but higher than outside. (Ex. outside 15 deg. Celsius set the air to 18 deg. Celsius) Surprise! Mist formed again in matter of minutes. I, then set the air on manual t blow all the air in the windscreen (arrow up pressed) Surprise again. The mist got thicker. It was almost impossible for me to see.Luckilyit was heavy traffic and I was going very slow. Pressed instantly the fast de-mist button and problem solved again. Then it hit me: the car uses thepollutionsensorwhether the AC is on or off or set on automatically or manual. So, because the heavy traffic, the pollution readings were high so, in order to create clean air inside, the car closed the outside air admission and mist formed on the windows as expected in such conditions. I've tried to open the windows but the rain started to fall in. And the one thing I HATE about Captur is the plastic used. It get so easy and so fast dirty! Every single fingerprint is more than visible. I've tried special cleaning wipes (found on a car beauty shop). They turned to be more than useless, they did worse. But I can live with that.I cannot live with mist on my windows instead. Anybody found asolutionto this matter except running on fast demist all the time?
Hi I have captur 2016 Signature and i have problem with my ac thay are make a same noises. My mechanic change my blower but still with the problem. Can you please help me ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts