Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just looking for some advice. Air conditioning doesn’t seem to get very cool. I’ve tried both ECO on and off doesn’t really make a difference?
When trying to set air conditioning on auto it’s far too loud and blows out too much.
what settings do most people use for air conditioning please?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you
should the auto light be on all the time?
When I select auto the fan speeds up and it blows out too much. If I turn it down using the dots auto goes off?
Is auto air conditioning still running?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Forget ECO mode for aircon. Auto mode sets the blower speed and vents' distribution to give the fastest cooling to the temp you have set. For example, if it's 30 degrees in the car and you have the a/c set to 20, everything will blow like crazy until the temp reaches your preset 20 degrees. So you might have to wait a few minutes for the temperature to stabilise. You don't say whether cool air (or warm) is coming out of the vents.

·
Registered
579 Posts
And yes, in Auto mode, the green light stays on. This is just the system adjusting the vents and fan speed to take care of the cooling. As soon as you try to change anything, the green light (auto mode) will be cancelled.

If only warm air (or not cold) is coming out of the vents, there may be a problem

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
I just set the temperature (usually to 20 deg C) and press "Auto" and leave it at that. The only time I usually alter it is in winter if I need screen defrosting

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
What you will find with "auto" is that:
If the car interior is too hot, when you start the car the fan will go to a high speed initially, possibly to the highest. As the interior cools down, the fan speed will drop.

If the car interior is too cold (British winter morning, for example), the fan will start on low, as it knows there is not much heat coming from the engine. The as the engine warms up, the fan speed increases to pump more hot air into the interior. As the interior temperature rises, the fan speed reduces

Reactions: Nimbus

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What you will find with "auto" is that:
If the car interior is too hot, when you start the car the fan will go to a high speed initially, possibly to the highest. As the interior cools down, the fan speed will drop.

If the car interior is too cold (British winter morning, for example), the fan will start on low, as it knows there is not much heat coming from the engine. The as the engine warms up, the fan speed increases to pump more hot air into the interior. As the interior temperature rises, the fan speed reduces
Thank you so much this does help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts