Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the scroll wheel that closes the flaps on my dash air vent is seized and won’t operate, anyone know if these are easy to Disassemble and replace?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would say not easy. The air vents come as a single assembled part from Renault (although there are several variants according to the part number list). I haven't done it myself but from what I can see (on my model) each is held in by two small screws which look like they are fitted from the back - in other words, dashboard out or very small fingers. Might be worth taking out the radio to have a closer look at what can be accessed but I would be playing with WD40 first. If you still want to proceed I might be able to locate an exploded view if you can post a picture of your layout and full car details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say not easy. The air vents come as a single assembled part from Renault (although there are several variants according to the part number list). I haven't done it myself but from what I can see (on my model) each is held in by two small screws which look like they are fitted from the back - in other words, dashboard out or very small fingers. Might be worth taking out the radio to have a closer look at what can be accessed but I would be playing with WD40 first. If you still want to proceed I might be able to locate an exploded view if you can post a picture of your layout and full car details.
Thanks I could do with an exploded view as my air vent is broken it’s a 2018 captur diesel [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have this problem with my 2016 captur, does anyone have any information on repairing it.
The scroll wheel is turning but not operating the vent flaps.
Mines on the left of the media system.
I can see two screws inside the glove box, not sure if that's the way in or its a dash off job.
Probably be a job for the main dealer.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's attached from behind with two screws. I haven't done it but I don't think you will be able to access it with the dashboard in situ. Even with the radio out there isn't a lot of room.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not difficult but not much fun. Also be prepared to lose some skin. PM me your email address and I will try to dig out some info tomorrow. Might take a while. It's on a failing PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts