Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the scroll wheel that closes the flaps on my dash air vent is seized and won’t operate, anyone know if these are easy to Disassemble and replace?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would say not easy. The air vents come as a single assembled part from Renault (although there are several variants according to the part number list). I haven't done it myself but from what I can see (on my model) each is held in by two small screws which look like they are fitted from the back - in other words, dashboard out or very small fingers. Might be worth taking out the radio to have a closer look at what can be accessed but I would be playing with WD40 first. If you still want to proceed I might be able to locate an exploded view if you can post a picture of your layout and full car details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say not easy. The air vents come as a single assembled part from Renault (although there are several variants according to the part number list). I haven't done it myself but from what I can see (on my model) each is held in by two small screws which look like they are fitted from the back - in other words, dashboard out or very small fingers. Might be worth taking out the radio to have a closer look at what can be accessed but I would be playing with WD40 first. If you still want to proceed I might be able to locate an exploded view if you can post a picture of your layout and full car details.
Thanks I could do with an exploded view as my air vent is broken it’s a 2018 captur diesel [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts