Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends again!

Sorry to all for my language, I hope you understand me!.

I'll tell you a problem that I have to help future buyers of this wonderful vehicle.

I bought this vehicle and also a few more accessories. One was the Original Alarm Renault.

Well, I inform to all that this original accessory does not work if not required before the vehicle to the factory with the pre-installation of the alarm""‹""‹.

This fact did not know neither the seller nor the buyer nor anyone until a few weeks ago.

I suffer this problem, and the seller is trying to find me a solution.

This is very important because if you have not asked for the pre-installed alarm when you asked your car, the original alarm installed after NOT WORK.

I encourage everyone to contact the Customer service of Renault.

I hope I have helped someone with this information.

Hello everyone ;)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi MikieMad,As I understand it from the brochure, the standard security equipment is the immobiliser. The alarm is an optional extra, for which people in the UK have to purchase. I discuss this with the sales-person when I first ordered the car, and decided that there was no need to have the alarm activated (installed?) as I was quite happy with the standard security arrangements. Besides it means the alarm will not accidentally go off in the middle of the night waking me and the neighbours.

The beeping that I get as I walk away from the car, to tell me it is locked in not the alarm that is purchased separately as you said.

Thanks for the confirmation of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts