Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading the brochure and now I'm not sure if the Captur has a alarm. I know it has a immobilizer.
Never had a car without one !

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe the alarm may be ordered separately but it is definitely part of the optional protection pack we have ordered on ours which comprises front and rear parking sensors, an alarm and some kind of boot protector.

We ordered the pack primarily for the parking sensors. Personally I'm not that bothered about the alarm because given the number of false alarms most people ignore them these days or find them an irritant. Since the car has an immobiliser that should stop anybody driving off with your pride and joy...well, that's the theory anywayEdited by: Perusal

·
Registered
588 Posts
if i remember right i think the alarm can be fitted for £57 from ordering. i didnt bother as i was told the security on it was pretty good with the immobiliser and tbh who takes any notice of a car alarm now. out of interest i informed my insurance company it didnt have an alarm as the DVLA had it down as having one and the policy only increased by £13. so much for massive savings if you secure your vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep alarms are only an extra on a lot of new cars now as the security is so good they aren't needed. Plus alarms are just ignored anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I always found the alarm on my megane a nuisance. Never could leave the windows down even an inch on a hot day while parked on the driveway, without it going off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I opted for the protection pack. Dealer fitted the front and rear parking sensors. Still waiting for the alarm and boot protector since end of October told they still on back order.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's interesting. Our dealer told us all the packs are fitted by the import centre in Southampton and not locally by the dealer. Will let you know how we get on when we receive the car hopefully within the next two weeks. Apparently it's now arrived in Southampton. .....

·
Registered
87 Posts
For my capture my dealer service has installed additional Cobra Alarm system with motion sensors installed inside the car and with hit detector. Alarm system are fully integrated with built-in hands-free card

1 - 12 of 12 Posts