Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've not heard anything about this problem with the Captur, but Kia have massive problems with diamond cut wheels. Some cars have had 3sets under warranty. Dont know what Renaults policy is in regard to replacement

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Merv said:
I've heard of chemicals used in car washes causing corrosion on alloy wheels, somethng they spray on prior to jetting!
Even cars treated to the best possible TLC suffer from corroded alloys, it doesn't have to be lazy owners/harsh chemicals.
The finish on our (black) Captur alloys isn't great, it's bubbling up on the wheel inners.
I've also had a new set of alloys under warranty for the Juke.
I hadn't even noticed it on the Juke, they called me and told me I was getting new wheels!

It just seems to be the finish they put on wheels is wafer thin thesedays and not helped by the paint/lacquer having to be water based to comply with EU law.

Same with the paint on brake calipers/rear drums....wafer thin rubbish.
Not just restricted to cheaper cars like the Captur/Juke, BMW/Audi forums are full of complaints about corroded alloys/rusty hubs etc.

Edited by: bol d'or

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I've had a look at other capturs of a silmilar age and a few of them have similar marks. It looks like a raised paint splash. Going to book it in at Garage to see what they say.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 3 year old captur had a slow puncture caused by corrosion where the tyre lip seals on the inner rim. I didnt bother trying to claim as it was not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our 2 year old Captur has one rear wheel with three areas of corrosion. It's not been curbed and the surface is perfectly smooth. I'll give the stealers a call and see where we are with warranty cover ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi 1963dg,
Have you used any wheel cleaner on your alloys?
Like Bilt hamber or Ambersol or similar ?
This stuff although can clean the alloys some can unfortunately damage the alloys but this depends on what brand if any was used and how it was applied..

Contact Renault as again they are aware of this problem but it is a lottery for people when trying to claim under warranty.
Stand your ground

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been in touch with Renault UK today as couldn't get through to local dealer direct ..... anyway, I'm taking it down this week to the dealer for them to have a look at, take photos and get in touch with the warranty department. I'll post the outcome when I know more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
See my post in faults and problems section

We have just had both front alloys replaced under warranty (14 plate Dynamique Nav). I've got to say Renault UK and the dealership have been excellent!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Him Poppy15
Are Renault only going to replace 1 alloy?
Surely they will need to replace all four or at least a pair, as if one has shown signs of corrosion then the others will do exactly the same in the very near future and hopefully whilst under warranty.
Have you used alloy cleaner on your alloys at anytime?
Contacting customer services directly and showing pictures of corrosion should force Renault to act directly.
Other manufacturers vehicles suffer from the same problem but some are quicker to replace under warranty than others.
Keep us informed on outcome.
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately we have a 3.5 year old Capture with the same problem on all 4 wheels with a mileage of less than 4,000miles from buying new. Today Renault have called to say as the warranty has lapsed they will only pay for 40%of a refurb at main dealer prices ie over £500 , can probably have them refurbished locally cheaper.
Disgusted with Renault as this is a known fault so last Renault we will be buying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Captur is 2 months out of its 3 year warranty and one rear wheel is corroded, also offered 40% off replacement, I feel it should be covered by paint/body warranty, Service manager asked if I use strong cleaner when washing car, yes only on one wheel though ffs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts