Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well had to pop into Renault today to sign my final finance papers and to be given my new 14 reg. woo!

Been told its still showing on the system for delivery on 1st april tuesday, the dealer knows how desperate I am for the car so he said he will prioritise me and get it prepped on that day for me!!!

Cant wait, Will post pics when I get it.

1st April is april fools day, hopefully im not fooled by RUK with a delayed delivery :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok ive just had my post, and opened a brown envelope revealing my new tax disc for my captur I should be due to collect this week.
am I meant to receive it or is the dealer suppose to as my previous car I brought with Renault retail (megane) they received the tax disc and put it on the car ready?

im a bit baffled whether this is new practice now as I need to remember to take the disc with me when I go to collect it now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really, well you learn something new everyday!

Is there any reason as to why dealers cant tax new cars?

I would of thought when they actually register the car, the vehicle excise duty would have been prepared by them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They're not allowed to tax them, they can only apply for the tax on your behalf, so the disc has to come to you.
I've no idea why this has been done,I have to admit that it sounds a bit bonkers to me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure sounds crazy,
Oh well everything changes these days, thanks for that bit of info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the weeks free insurance does prove to be very useful. Especially when having insurance quotes to look through and set up in time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im currently with LV, very good company, had no probs with them at all. However Aviva seems to be offering the best quote for me for a captur. Have to see LV can do a bit of pricematching!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts